- Doherty, W. J., Erickson, M. F., & LaRossa, R. (2006). An intervention
to increase father involvement and skills during the transition to parenthood.
Journal of Family Psychology, 20, 438-447.
- Doherty, W. J., & Mendenhall, T. J. (2006). Citizen Health Care: A
model for engaging patients, families, and communities as co-producers of
health care. Families, Systems & Health, 24, 251-263.
- Doherty, W. J. (2006). Couples on the brink: Stopping the
marriage-go-round. Psychotherapy Networker, March/April, 30-39, 70.
- Anderson, J. A., & Doherty, W. J. (2005). Democratic community
initiatives: The case of overscheduled children. Family Relations, 54,
- Mendenhall, T. J., & Doherty, W. J. (2005). Action and participatory
research methods in family therapy. In D. Sprenkle & F. Piercy (Eds.),
Research methods in family therapy (pp. 110-118). Second Edition.
- Mendenhall, T. J., & Doherty, W. J. (2005). Partners in diabetes: A new
initiative in diabetes care. In R. Kane, R. Priester, & A. Totten (Eds.),
Meeting the challenge of chronic illness. (pp. 121-122). Baltimore, MD: John
Hopkins University Press.
- Doherty, W. J., & Anderson, J. (2004). Community marriage initiatives.
Family Relations 53. 425-439.
- Carroll, J. S., & Doherty, W. J. (2003). Evaluating the effectiveness
of premarital education programs: A meta-analytic review. Family Relations, 53,
- Doherty, W. J., & Carroll, J. A. (2002). The citizen therapist and
family-centered community building. Family Process, 41, 561-568.
- Doherty, W. J., & Carroll, J. S. (2002). The Families and Democracy
Project. Family Process 41, 579-589. Doherty, W.J. (2001). Take Back Your
Marriage: Sticking Together in a World that Pulls Us Apart. New York:
- Ross, N.M. & Doherty, W. J. (2001). Validity of the Global Assessment
of Relational Functioning (GARF) when used by community-based therapists. The
American Journal of Family Therapy, 29, 239-253.
- Doherty, W.J. (2000). Take Back Your Kids: Confident Parenting in Turbulent
Times. South Bend, IN: Sorin Books.
- Doherty, W.J. (1999). Morality and spirituality in therapy. In F. Walsh
(Ed.), Spiritual resources in family therapy. New York: W. W. Norton.
- Minnesota Integrated Health Care Initiative (Doherty, W. J., first author)
(1999). Vision for an integrated care system for serious mental illness.
Minnesota Medicine, 82, 86-90.
- Doherty, W.J., Kouneski, E.F. & Erickson, M.F. (1998). Responsible
fatherhood: A review and conceptual framework. Journal of Marriage and the
Family, 60, 277-292.
- Doherty, E.W., & Doherty, W.J. (1998). Smoke gets in your eyes:
Cigarette smoking and divorce in a national sample of adults. Families, Systems
& Health, 16, 393-400.
- Marvel, M.K., Doherty, W.J., & Weiner, E. (1998). Medical interviewing
by exemplary family physicians. Journal of Family Practice, 47, 343-348.
- Simmons, D. & Doherty, W.J. (1998). Does academic training make a
difference in the practices of marriage and family therapists? Journal of
Marital and Family Therapy, 24, 321-336.
- Doherty, W.J. (1997). The Intentional Family. New York: Addison
- Doherty, W. J., & Simmons, D. S. (1996). Clinical practice patterns of
marriage and family therapists: A national survey of therapists and their
clients. Journal of Marital and Family Therapy, 22.
- Allen, W. D., & Doherty, W. J. (1995). Being there: The perception of
fatherhood among a group of African-American adolescent fathers. In H. I.
McCubbin, E. A. Thompson, A. E. Thompson & J. A. Futrell (Eds.), Resiliency
in ethnic minority families: African-American families, Vol. 2. Madison, WI:
Universe of Wisconsin Press.
- Doherty, W. J. (1995). Soul-searching: Why psychotherapy must promote moral
responsibility. New York: Basic Books.
- Doherty, W. J. (1995). Boundaries between parent and family education and
family therapy. Family Relations, 44, 353-358.
- Horst, E. A., & Doherty, W. J. (1995). Gender, power, and intimacy.
Journal of Feminist Family Therapy, 6, 63-85.
- Doherty, W. J., Boss, P. G., LaRossa, R., Schumm, W. R., & Steinmetz,
S. K. (1993). Family theories and methods: A contextual approach. In P. G.
Boss, W. J. Doherty, R. LaRossa, W. R. Schumm & S. K. Steinmetz (Eds.),
Sourceboook of family theories and methods: A contextual approach. New York:
профессор факультета семейной социальной науки Университета Миннесоты