Ph.D., Senior Lecturer in Education, University of Bristol, Graduate School of Education; President, the International Society of Cultural-historical Activity Research (ISCAR), Bristol, Great Britain , Malcolm.Reed@bristol.ac.uk
Personal site: https://bristol.academia.edu/MalcolmReed
Classroom interaction, Vygotsky, ethnography, literacy
- REED, M. (2017) Understanding and responding to negativism in schooling:
the potential of the ‘double move’, Learning, Culture and Social
Interaction, 12, 63-77.
- REED, M. (2017) The door and the dark: Trouble telling tales. In: The
Routledge International Handbook on Narrative and Life History, I.
Goodson, A. Antikainen, P. Sikes & M. Andrews (Eds.), London: Routledge,
- REED, M. (2013) Thorns on my tongue, in Y. Omi, M. C. Peralta Gómez, L. P.
Rodriguez Burgos & J. Valsiner (Eds.) Lives and Relationships: Culture
in transitions between social roles (Advances in Cultural Psychology
Series) Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing, 31-55.
- REED, M. (2015) Classroom interaction and the development of empowerment,
Nuances: Estudos sobre Educação, (Presidente Prudente-SP, Brazil), 26,
- REED, M. (2011) Somewhere between what is and what if: Fictionalisation and
ethnographic inquiry, Changing English: Studies in Culture and
Education, 18(1), 31-43.
- M. & SPEEDY, J. (2011) Scrapbooks and messy texts: Notes towards
sustaining critical and artful narrative inquiry, in S. TRAHAR (Ed.)
Travelling in the Borderlands: Learning and Teaching Narrative
Inquiry, Amsterdam: John Benjamins, 107-123.
- REED, M. (2009a) Waiting for rain, Changing English: An International
Journal of English Teaching, 16(2), 137-147.
- REED, M. (2008) Distributing agency by developing classroom activity,
Educational Review, 60(2), 187-207.
- REED, M. (2006a) A perplexed story, Changing English: Studies in
Culture and Education, 13(2), 197-209
- REED, M. (2005) Strong language: the purpose of dialogue in the development
of writing, Changing English, 12(1), 85-102
- REED, M (2004) Write or wrong? A sociocultural approach to schooled
writing, English in Education, 38(1), 19-36.
- WEBSTER, A, BEVERIDGE, M & REED, M. (2004) Rethinking the meaning of
literacy, in D. WRAY (Ed.), Literacy: Major themes in Education: Volume 1:
Literacy: its nature and its teaching. London, Routledge, 5-32.
- REED, M. (1999) Læring gennem interaktion (Learning through interaction) in
D. CECCHIN & E. SANDER (Eds) Liv & Læring. Copenhagen, BUPL,
- WEBSTER, A., BEVERIDGE, M. & REED, M. (1996) Managing the Literacy
Curriculum: How schools can become communities of readers and writers.
- REED, M., WEBSTER, A. & BEVERIDGE, M. (1996) Mapping the literacy
curriculum: an interactive account of classroom literacies, Changing
English, 3(2), 189-200.
Subscribe for announces of all the Russian Psychological Journals.