Previous issue (2019. Vol. 15, no. 1)
Included in Web of Science СС (ESCI)
Psychological and Pedagogical Expertise of Animated Films 4545
, Doctor of Psychology, Head of the Center for Psychological and Pedagogical Expertise of Play and Toys, Moscow State University of Psychology and Education, Moscow, Russia, firstname.lastname@example.orgSokolova M.V.
, PhD in Psychology, specialist at the Center for Psychological and Educational Expertise of Play and Toys, Moscow State University of Psychology and Education, Moscow, Russia, email@example.com
The paper describes a technique for age-based psychological and pedagogical expertise of animated films. The technique aims to define the criteria for identifying animations that would be of special value to children at particular ages in terms of their development. The suggested criteria are as follows: ethic, cognitive and emo¬tional aspects of animations and patterns of main characters' behavior. The paper outlines the specifics of these criteria for four age groups (early preschool, preschool, early school and adolescent ages) and provides exam¬ples of animated films appropriate for each group in terms of age relevance and prospective positive outcomes for the child's development. Finally, the paper considers some areas of application in which this technique might work the best.
Keywords: animated films, psychological and pedagogical expertise, age ratings, potential for development, ethic, cognitive and emotional aspects of animation, patterns of behavior in main characters
Column: Animated films in modern childhood
- Arsen'ev A.S. Filosofskie osnovaniya ponimaniya lichnosti
[Philosophical bases of understanding of the personality]. Moscow:
Izdatel'skii tsentr "Akademiya", 2001. 592 p.
- Bakhtin M.M. Chelovek v mire slova [The person in the word
world]. Moscow: Publ. Rou, 1995. 140 p.
- Vygotskii L.S. Psikhologiya iskusstva [Art psychology].
Moscow: Labirint, 2010. 352 p.
- Kenig K. Tri pervykh goda rebenka [The three first year of
the child]. Moscow: Dukhovnoe poznanie, 2003. 152 p.
- Lemish D. Zhertvy ekrana. Vliyanie televideniya na razvitie
detei [Screen victims. Influence of television on development of children].
Moscow: Pokolenie, 2007. 304 p.
- Lisina M.I. Obshchenie, lichnost' i psikhika rebenka
[Communication, personality and mentality of the child]. St-Petersburg: Piter,
2003. 968 p.
- Melik-Pashaev A.A., Novlyanskaya Z.N., Adaskina A.A., Kudina G.N.,
Chubuk N.F. Psikhologicheskie osnovy khudozhestvennogo razvitiya
[Psychological bases of art development]. Moscow: MGPPU, 2006. 160 p.
- Obukhova L.F. Detskaya (vozrastnaya) psikhologiya [Children's
(age) psychology]. Uchebnik. Moscow: Rossiiskoe pedagogicheskoe agentstvo,
1996. 374 p.
- Patslaf R. Zastyvshii vzglyad [The stiffened look]. Moscow:
Evidentis, 2003. 224 p.
- Smirnova E.O. Detskaya psikhologiya [Children's
psychology]. Uchebnik dlya vuzov. San-Peterburg: Piter, 2009. 304 p.
- Smirnova E.O., Sokolova M.V. Psikhologicheskaya ekspertiza
khudozhestvennykh proizvedenii dlya detei [Psychological examination of works
of art for children]. Voprosy psikhologii [Voprosy Psychologii],
2012, no. 6, pp. 3—10.
- Sobkin V.S., Skobel'tsina K.N. Ivanova A.I. Struktura dosuga
sovremennogo doshkol'nika: mnenie roditelei [Structure of leisure of the modern
preschool child: opinion of parents]. Sotsiologiya obrazovaniya.
[Sociology of education]. Moscow: TsSO RAO, 2012, pp. 32—47.
- Sobkin V.S. Mul'tfil'm kak sredstvo sotsial'no-psikhologicheskogo
analiza moral'no-nravstvennogo razvitiya rebenka (po materialam issledovaniya
1985 i 2006 gg.) [The animated film as means of the social and psychological
analysis of moral development of the child (on materials researches 1985