Previous issue (2018. Vol. 26, no. 4)
Included in Web of Science СС (ESCI)
Counseling Psychology and Psychotherapy
2014. no. 4, 115–129
2075-3470 / 2311-9446 (online)
Alexithymia and the ability to provide different types of social support
, Doctor in Psychology, Professor, Head of the Department of Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, Faculty of Psychological Counseling, MSUPE, Moscow, Russia, firstname.lastname@example.orgMoscovskaya M.S.
, Postgraduate, Moscow State University of Psychology and Education , Moscow, Russia, email@example.comSheryagina E.V.
, Аssociate Рrofessor at the Сhair of Individual and Group Psychotherapy, Counseling and Clinical Psychology Department, Moscow State University of Psychology & Education, Moscow, Russia, firstname.lastname@example.org
Results of flight empirical research of correlation of alexithymia and ability to ren¬dering different types of social support to other people are presented in the article. We studied the perceived social support and the given social support including the following types was allocated: emotional, instrumental, formal and reflexiveactive. 38 people aged from 30 till 50 years never addressing to the psychiatrist were examined. Three tests were given to examinees: Toronto Alexithymia Scale (D.B. Eresko's adaptation), Questionnaire of social support of G. Sommer and
T. Fydrich (A.B. Kholmogorova, G.A. Petrova 's adaptation,) and projective test of strategy of consolation (F.E. Vasilyuk, E.V. Sheryagina). Different types of correlation between the level of an alexithymia and indicators of the perceived and given social support are revealed. The inverse correlation between indicators of alex¬ithymia and indicators of the perceived social support, and also indicators of abili¬ty to rendering emotional support is found. Also we've found the direct correlation between indicators of alexithymia and indicators of readiness to give instrumental social support to other people.
- Belyalova F.I., Sobennikova V.S., Long V.V. Psychosomatic and
somatoformny frustration in clinical practice: collection of materials VIII of
the Baikal conference. Irkutsk, 2012. P. 74.
- Brait J., Jones F. Stress. Theories, researches, myths / SPb.: IDES
"PrimeEVROZNAK", 2003. P. 352.
- Dovzhenko T.V. Frustration of a depressive range with a
cardiological syndrome at patients with cardiovascular diseases. Avtoref. ....
dokt. med. sciences. M, 2008.
- Eresko D.B., Isurina G.L., Kaydanovskaya E.V., Karvasarsky B.D., Karpova
E.B. etc. Aleksitimiya and methods of her definition at boundary
psychosomatic frustration / SPb., 2005.
- Ivanova G.P., Gorobets L.N. Rol of an aleksitimiya in formation of
psychobiological indicators at patients with a diffusion form of a tireoidit of
Hashimoto / Moscow Scientific Research Institute of Psychiatry Federal State
Institution of the Ministry of Health and Social Development of the Russian
Federation. M, 2008.
- Cristal Dzh. Integration and selfhealing. Affect, trauma and
aleksitimiya / M.: Institute of allhumanitarian researches. 2006. 800 p.
- Sandomirsky M. Psikhosomatika and corporal psychotherapy: Practical
guidance / M.: Klass independent firm, 2005. 592 p.
- Starshenbaum G.V. Psikhosomatika and psychotherapy: Healing of soul
and body / M.: Publishing house of Institute of psychotherapy, 2005. 496
- Yaroslavskaya L.I., Yaroslavskaya M.A. Researches of a role of
social support in adaptation to an illness at the patients having chronic
nonspecific diseases of lungs. Clinical and medical psychology: researches,
training, practice. 2014. No. 1 (3) Available at: http://medpsy.ru/climp
- Kholmogorova A.B. Integrative psychotherapy of frustration of an
affective range / M.: IDES of "MedpraktikaM", 2011. 480 p.
- Kholmogorova A.B., Volikova S.V. Family sources of the negative
cognitive scheme at emotional frustration (on the example of disturbing,
depressive and the somatoformnykh of frustration) // Moscow psychotherapeutic
magazine. 2001. No. 4. Pp. 49—60.
- Kholmogorova A.B., Garanyan N.G. Emotional frustration in modern
culture // Moscow psychotherapeutic magazine. 1999. No. 2. Pp. 19—42.
- Kholmogorova A.B., Garanyan N.G., Petrova G.A. Social support as a
subject of scientific studying and its violation at patients with frustration
of an affective range // Social and clinical psychiatry. 2003. No. 2. Pp.
- Kholmogorova A.B., Petrova G.A. Methods of diagnostics of social
support at frustration of an affective range // Medical technology. Psychiatry
MNII Roszdrava. M.: 2007. 24 p.
- Sheryagina E.V. Projective technique of research of strategy of a
consolation // Magazine of advisory psychology and psychotherapy. 2013. No. 2.
- Brown G.W., Harris T.O., Bifulco A. Longterm effects of early loss
of parent // Depression in young people: developmental and clinical
perspectives / M. Rutter,
- C.E. Izard, and P.B. Read (Eds.). N.Y.: The Guilford Press, 1986. Cassel
J. The contribution of the social environment to host resistance // Am. J.
of Epidemiol. 1976. V. 104. P. 115—127. Dohrenwend B.S., Dohrenwend B.R.
Overiew and prospects for research on stressful life events.1974. 310 p. Li
H, Ji Y, Chen T. The Roles of Different Sources of Social Support on
Emotional WellBeing among Chinese Elderly // PLoS ONE. 2014. № 9(3).
- Sommer G., Fydrich T. Soziale Unterstutzung. Diagnostik, Kozepte,
FSOZU // Ges. fur Verhaltenstherapy. Materiale № 22 / Deutsch: Tubingen, 1989.