Previous issue (2019. Vol. 8, no. 1)
Included in Web of Science СС (ESCI)
Adaptation of «Child and adolescent social support scale» technique by C. Malecki 4350
, PhD in Psychology, Professor, Institute for the Humanities, Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University, Kaliningrad, Russia, firstname.lastname@example.orgRyaguzova A.
, Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University, Russia, email@example.com
Described the results of the adaptation «Child and adolescent social support scale» technique that can be used as a psychodiagnostic tool for measuring social support provided by members of the child's social network. The main scales of this technique are «Subjective assessment of the frequency of social support» and «Evaluation of subjective importance of social support». In operation, the scale is made translation of the text in the Russian language, carried out standardization, validation test-retest reliability, internal consistency of the items on its subscales, the construct, content and discriminative validity. The results of these procedures allow us to conclude that the Russian version of the scale is valid, reliable, and can be used in further studies of social support for children and adolescents.
Keywords: social support, subjective importance of social support, subjective evaluation of the frequency of social support
Column: Methods and techniques
- Anan'ev V.A. Praktikum po psihologii zdorov'ya. SPb., 2007.
- Bol'shoi psihologicheskii slovar' / Sost. i obsch. red. B. Mescheryakova,
V. Zinchenko. SPB., 2004.
- Obschaya psihodiagnostika / Pod red. A.A. Bodaleva, V.V. Stolina. M.,
- Sirota N.A, Yaltonskii V.M., Lykova N.M. Issledovanie bazisnyh
koping-strategii podrostkov 11–12 let iz neblagopoluchnoi i blagopoluchnoi
sredy. M., 2002.
- Sirota N.A., Yaltonskii V.M. Profilaktika narkomanii i alkogolizma.
- Holmogorova A.B., Petrova G.A. Diagnostika urovnya social'noi
podderjki pri psihicheskih rasstroistvah. M., 2007.
- Cohen S., Syme S.L. Issues in the study and application of social
support. In S.Cohen, S.L.Syme (eds), Social support and health. Orlando:
Academic Press, 1985.
- Cohen S., Wills T.A. Stress, social support, and the buffering
hypothesis // Psychological Bulletin. 1985. №98.
- Goldsmith D. J. Communicating social support. Cambridge, UK:
Cambridge University Press. 2004.
- Gottlieb B. H. The development and application of a classification
scheme of informal helping behaviours // Canadian Journal of Behavioural
Science/Revue canadienne des sciences du comportement. 1978. №10(2).
- House J. S., Kahn R. L., McLeod J. D., Williams D. Measures and
concepts of social support. In S. E. Cohen & S. L. Syme (Eds.), Social
support and health. Orlando, FL: Academic Press. 1985.
- Malecki C. K., Elliott S. N. Adolescents’ratings of perceived social
support and its importance: Validation of the Student Social Support Scale //
Psychology in the Schools. 1999. №36.
- Malecki C., Demaray M. Measuring perceived social support:
development of the child and adolescent social support scale (CASSS) //
Psychology in the schools. Vol. 39(1). 2002.
- Nolten P. W. Conceptualization and measurement of social support:
The development of the student social support. 1994.
- Procidano M.E., Haller K. Measures of Perceived Social Support from
friends and from family: three validation studies // American Journal of
Community Psychology. 1983. №1. Vol. 11.
- Tardy C.H. Social Support Measurement // American Journal of
Community Psychology. 1985. №13(2).