Previous issue (2019. Vol. 8, no. 2)
Included in Web of Science СС (ESCI)
The Scale of Emotional Distress and Atypical Behavior of Preschool Children 2044
, PhD in Medicine, Professor, Department of Neuro and Pathopsychology of Development, Faculty of Clinical and Special Psychology, Moscow State University of Psychology & Education, Moscow, Russia, email@example.comKonovko N.
, Moscow state educational institution combined-type kindergarten №288, Moscow, Russia, firstname.lastname@example.orgSalnikova O.
, the head of unit, the State educational institution of the city of Moscow Secondary School № 1125, Moscow, Russia, email@example.comTupitsina E.
, graduate, Moscow State Psychological and Pedagogical University, Moscow, RussiaFedina E.V.
, Moscow state educational institution Combined type kindergarten №1540, educational psychologist, firstname.lastname@example.org
The article presents a new questionnaire "Scale of emotional distress and atypical behavior" and the results of its testing on 743 children aged 16 months to 91 months, attending kindergartens or developmental groups. The items of full scale and each of the five subscales of the questionnaire (uncooperativeness, anxiety, depression, maladaptive behavior, hyperactivity / disinhibition) showed high internal consistency: Corresponding Cronbach's alpha figures are the following: 0.92; 0.9; 0.8; 0.82; 0.8; 0.87. Have been established the criteria for the severity of emotional distress and atypical behavior, based on the values of the 70th 95th percentile indexes of each of the scales. It was revealed that the combined variants of emotional and behavioral problems of the early and pre-school aged children are found in 38% of cases.
- Basilova T.A. Problemy narusheniya povedeniya u detei s sensornymi
nedostatkami // Korrekciya i profilaktika narushenii povedeniya u detei s
ogranichennymi vozmojnostyami zdorov'ya. Materialy I Vserossiiskoi
nauchno-prakticheskoi konferencii (17-18 oktyabrya 2011).
- Belopol'skaya N.L. Problemy psihologicheskoi diagnostiki i korrekcii
narushenii povedeniya u detei // Korrekciya i profilaktika narushenii
povedeniya u detei s ogranichennymi vozmojnostyami zdorov'ya. Materialy I
Vserossiiskoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferencii (17-18 oktyabrya 2011)
- Lavrent'eva G.P., Titarenko T.M. Prakticheskaya psihologiya dlya
vospitatelya. Kiev, 1992.
- Achenbach, T.M.,& Rescorla, L.A. (2000) Manual for the ASEBA
Preschool Forms & Profiles, Burlington, V.T.: University of Vermont,
Research Center for Children, Youth, & Families.
- Auerbach J.G., Berger A., Atzaba-Poria N., Arbelle S., Cypin N.,
Friedman A., Landau R. (2008) Temperament at 7, 12, and 25 months in
children at familial risk for ADHD// Infant and Child Development, Volume 17,
- Bagnato S.J., Neisworth J. T., Salvia J. J., Hunt F. M. (1999)
Temperament and Atypical Behavior Scale (TABS) Early Childhood Indicators of
- Brauner C.B., Stephens C.B. (2006), Estimating the Prevalence of
Early Childhood Serious Emotional/Behavioral Disorders: Challenges and
Recommendations // Public Health Reports, Volume 121
- Fox N.A., Henderson H.A., Marshall P.J., Nichols K.E., Ghera M.M. (2005)
Behavioral inhibition: linking biology and behavior within a developmental
framework//Annu Rev Psychol. ; 56
- Fox N.A., Pine D.S. (2012) Temperament and the emergence of anxiety
disorders// Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. Feb; 51(2)
- Luby J, Heffelfinger A, Mrakotsky C, Hildebrand T. (1999) Preschool
Feelings Checklist//St Louis, MO: Washington University
- Luby J.L.., Heffelfinger A.K., Mrakotsky C., Brown K.M., Hessler
M. J, Wallis J. M., Spitznagel E.L. (2003) The Clinical Picture of
Depression in Preschool Children// J. Am. Acad. Child Adolesc. Psychiatry,
- Luby J.L., Belden A., Sullivan J., Hayen R., McCadney A., and Ed
Spitznagel (2009) Shame and guilt in preschool depression: evidence for
elevations in self-conscious emotions in depression as early as age 3// Journal
of Child Psychology and Psychiatry 50:9
- Luby, J.L., Si, X., Belden, A., Tandon, M., & Spitznagel, E.
(2009). Preschool depression: Homotypic continuity and course over 24 months.
Archives of General Psychiatry, 66
- Martín V., Granero R., Ezpeleta L. (2014) Comorbidity of
oppositional defiant disorder and anxiety disorders in
preschoolers//Psicothema, Vol. 26, No. 1.
- Rapee R.M., Coplan R.J. (2010) Conceptual relations between anxiety
disorder and fearful temperament// New Directions for Child and Adolescent
Development, Issue 127
- Rapee R.M. (2014) Preschool Environment and Temperament as
Predictors of Social and Nonsocial Anxiety Disorders in Middle Adolescence //
Journal of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, Volume
53, Issue 3
- Sparrow S.S., Cicchetti D. V., & Balla D. A. (2005).
Vineland Adaptive Behavior Scales: Second Edition (Vineland II), Survey
Interview Form/Caregiver Rating Form: vonia, MN: Pearson Assessments
- Theunissen M.H.C., Vogels A.G.C., de Wolff M.S., Reijneveld S.A.
(2013) Characteristics of the Strengths and Difficulties Questionnaire in
Preschool Children// Pediatrics; January 6.