Previous issue (2019. Vol. 24, no. 3)
Included in Web of Science СС (ESCI)
Psychological Science and Education
2011. no. 4, 56–62
1814-2052 / 2311-7273 (online)
Education of gifted children and youth: national policy of European countries
, Ph.D. in Psychology, leading researcher, Resource center for giftedness, Moscow State University of Psychology and Education, associate professor, professor, chair of psychology, Moscow Pedagogical State University, Moscow, Russia, Vlasova13@yandex.ru
The article analyzes the peculiarities of national policy in the field of education of gifted learners. It compares approaches to definition of giftedness, setting the criteria of its identification, preparation of psychological and educational staff for working with such learners, forms of education of gifted learners in different countries. It describes the use of the most modern technologies for organization of education of the gifted on a national scale. It also examines the requirements for preparation, acquisition of competences of teachers working with gifted learners.
Keywords: giftedness, national educational policy, identification and education of the gifted, teachers
Column: Gifted Children
- Gal'ton F. Nasledstvennost' talanta: Zakony i posledstvija.
- Popova L. V. Obrazovatel'nye programmy dlja odarennyh v stranah
Evropy // Psihologicheskajanauka i obrazovanie. 2009. № 4.
- Popova L. V. Psihologo-pedagogicheskaja podgotovka uchitelej k
rabote s odarennymi uchashimisja v raznyh stranah mira //
Psihologo-pedagogicheskie problemy odarennosti: teorija i praktika. Materialy
6-j Mezhdunarodnoj konferencii / Pod red. L. I. Larionovoj. T. 2. Irkutsk,
- Rabochaja koncepcija odarennosti. M.,1998.
- Classroom Quality Standards for Gifted and Talented Education: a subject
focus. National Strategies. Department for Children, Schools, and Families. L.,
- Delaubier J.-P. La scolarisation des eleves “intellectuelement
- Freeman J. Out-of-school Educational Provision for the Gifted and
Talented around the World. A report for the Department of Education and Skills.
- Hansen J. B., Feldhusen J. F. Off campus training of teachers of the
gifted: a program model. Gifted Education International. 1990. Vol. 6. №
- Identifying Gifted and Talented Learners – Getting Started. Department for
Children, Schools, and Families. L., 2008.
- Lindsey M. Training teachers of the gifted and talented. N.Y. - L.,
- Monks F., Pfluger R. Gifted education in 21 European Countries:
Inventory and perspective. Nijmegen,2005.
- Whitlock M. S., DuCette J. P. Outstanding and average teachers of
the gifted: a comparative study. Gifted Child Quarterly. 1989. Vol. 33. №