Psychological Science and Education psyedu.ru
2013. no. 2, 1–14
Social psychology of education as a branch of scientific knowledge
, Ph.D. in Psychology, Head of the Chair of Theoretical Foundations of Social Psychology, Moscow State University of Psychology and Education, Moscow, Russia, firstname.lastname@example.orgOrlov V.A.
, Ph.D. in Psychology, assistant professor, Moscow State University of Psychology & Education, Moscow, Russia, email@example.comSachkova M.Y.
, Doctor in Psychology, Professor, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, Moscow, Russia, firstname.lastname@example.org
The article discusses the emergence of a new scientific field – social psychology of education. Most of the key phenomena that contemporary social psychology examines, cannot influence training and education success of an individual. Therefore, in addition to traditional general psychological, psycho-pedagogic, developmental, psychophysical and other approaches solving the problems of the education system; the possibility is considered of increasing the efficiency of the educational process by means of a rapidly growing social psychology. The prospects of this approach is evidenced by the results of numerous Russian and international research, including those performed in Moscow State University of Psychology and Education. The article discusses ways to develop the concept of the social psychology of education, approaches to the definition of its subject, goals and objectives, as well as new methods of the discipline. The possibilities of further use of the potential of social psychology are analyzed to address the efficiency of the educational process and the full personal development of students.
Keywords: social psychology of education, subjects of educational process, interaction, educational communication, teacher, students, student group.
Column: Social Psychology of Education
- Akopov G.V. Social'naya psihologiya obrazovaniya. M., 2000.
- Antoshkin V.N., Ahmadeev A.A. Social'naya psihologiya v pedagogike.
- Il'in V.A. Psihosocial'naya teoriya kak polidisciplinarnyi podhod k
analizu social'nyh processov v sovremennom obshestve: Avtoref. dis.
psihol. nauk. M., 2009.
- Kollektiv i lichnost' / Pod red. E.V. Shorohovoi, K.K. Platonova. M,
- Kondrat'ev M.Yu. Social'naya psihologiya v obrazovanii: Ucheb.
posobie. M., 2008.
- Krushel'nickaya O.B. Usloviya povysheniya gotovnosti specialistov k
social'no-psihologicheskoi rabote v obrazovatel'nom uchrezhdenii //
Psihologicheskaya nauka i obrazovanie PSYEDU.ru. 2012. №1. URL:
- Krushel'nickaya O.B., Orlov V.A. Aktual'nye voprosy social'noi
psihologii obrazovaniya / Lichnost' i gruppa v obrazovatel'nom prostranstve:
Sb. nauch. trudov. Vyp. 4 / Pod red. O.B. Krushel'nickoi. M., 2011.
- Lichnost' i gruppa v obrazovatel'nom prostranstve: Sb. nauch. trudov. Vyp.
1-3 / Pod red. O.B.Krushel'nickoi. M., 2007-2009.
- Orlov V.A. Social'no-psihologicheskie osobennosti proektirovaniya
uchebnogo kursa sovershenstvovaniya kommunikativnoi kompetentnosti shkol'nogo
uchitelya // Lichnost' i gruppa v obrazovatel'nom prostranstve: Sb. nauch.
trudov. Vyp. 2 / Pod red. O.B. Krushel'nickoi. M., 2008 .
- Sachkova M.E. Specifika mezhlichnostnyh otnoshenii mladshih
shkol'nikov // Yaroslavskii pedagogicheskii vestnik. 2011. № 2.
- Social'naya psihologiya obrazovaniya / Pod red. A.N. Suhova. M., 2005.
- Social'no-psihologicheskie problemy obrazovaniya: Voprosy teorii i
praktiki: Sb. nauch. trudov. Vyp. 1-8 / Pod red. M.Yu.Kondrat'eva. M.,
- Belfi B., Goos M., De Fraine B., Van Damme J. The effect of class
composition by gender and ability on secondary school students’ school
well-being and academic self-concept: A literature review// Educational
Research Review. 2012. Vol. 7. Issue 1.
- Brand S., Felner R.D., Seitsinger A., Burns A., Bolton N. A large
scale study of the assessment of the social environment of middle and secondary
schools: The validity and utility of teachers' ratings of school climate,
cultural pluralism, and safety problems for understanding school effects and
school improvement // Journal of School Psychology. 2008. Vol. 46. Issue 5.
- Cardosoa A.P., Ferreirab M., Abrantesc J.L., Seabrac C., Costad C.
Personal and Pedagogical Interaction Factors as Determinants of Academic
Achievement // Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences. 2011. Vol. 29.
- Kim Y. Minority parental involvement and school barriers: Moving the
focus away from deficiencies of parents // Educational Research Review. 2009.
Vol. 4. Issue 2.
- Kuppens S., Grietens H., Onghena P., Michiels D., Subramanian S.V.
Individual and classroom variables associated with relational aggression in
elementary-school aged children: A multilevel analysis // Journal of School
Psychology. 2008. Vol. 46. Issue 6. December.
- Nurmi J.-E. Students’ characteristics and teacher-child
relationships in instruction: A meta-analysis // Educational Research Review.
2012. Vol. 7. Issue 3. December .
- Ruijs N.M., Peetsma T.T.D. Effects of inclusion on students with and
without special educational needs reviewed // Educational Research Review.
2009. Vol. 4. Issue 2.
- Van Gennip N.A.E., Segers M.S.R., Tillema H.H. Peer assessment for
learning from a social perspective: The influence of interpersonal variables
and structural features // Educational Research Review. 2009. Vol. 4.