The role of interaction of verbal and non-verbal means of communication in different types of discourse 557
, State University – the Higher School of Economy, Moscow, Russia
Communication relies on verbal and non-verbal interaction. To be most effective, group members need to improve verbal and non-verbal communication. Non-verbal communication fulfills functions within groups that are sometimes difficult to communicate verbally. But interpreting non-verbal messages requires a great deal of skill because multiple meanings abound in these messages.
Keywords: investigation, communication, verbal, non-verbal, interaction, chat, discourse, academic and professional training.
- Arnold I.V. Basic methods in linguistics. – M.: Higher school, 1991. –
- Bailenson J. N., Beall A. C., Blascovich J., Loomis J., & Turk M.
Transformed social interaction, augmented gaze, and social influence in
immersive virtual environments. Human Communication Research, 31, 2005. – p.
- Burgoon J. K. A communications model of personal space violations:
Explications and an initial test. Human Communications Research, 4, 1983. – p.
- Carey J. W. Communication as culture: Essays on media and society.
Winchester, MA: Unwin Hyman.1994. – 234 p.
- Galperin I. R. Text – object of linguistic study. – M: Academiya. – 2007. –
- Hewings M. Intonation and feedback in the EFL classroom, en Coulthard, M.
(ed.), Advances in Spoken Discourse Analysis. London, Routledge., 1997. –
- Kearsley G. P. Questions and question asking in verbal discourse: A
crossdisciplinary review, Journal of Psycholinguistic Research, 5, 4, S.
Nooteboom, «The prosody of speech: Melody and rhythm,» in The Handbook of
Phonetic Sciences, W. J. Hardcastle and J. Laver, Eds. Blackwell, 1997. – 680
- Teliya V. N. Russian Phraseology. Semantic, Pragmatic, and Linguocultural
Aspects. – Мoscow: Languages of Russian Culture, 1996. – 448 p.
- Maslova I. A. Cultural Linguistics. – Мoscow: «Academia», 2001. – 356
- Milone D. H. and A. J. Rubio. «Prosodic and accentual information for
automatic speech recognition» / IEEE Transactions on Speech and Audio
Processing. Vol. 11. – No. 4. – 2003. – pp. 321–333.