Introduced the systematic development of orientation toward future action into activity psychology and created the theory of gradual development of intellectual actions on its basis.
From 1926 till 1941 P.J.Galperin worked at the Kharkov Psychoneurological Academy, worked as an educator in Kharkov and Donetsk (Stalino), actively participated in the work of the Kharkov psychologists group (A.N.Leontiev, A.V.Zaporozhets, P.I.Zinchenko, L.I.Bozhovich, etc.).
From 1941 till 1943 – Red Army, head of medical division of evacuation hospital (Sverdlovsk region)
From 1943 г. – Moscow State University named after M.V.Lomonosov; associate professor, professor (from 1966), head of chair of developmental psychology, department of psychology (from 1971), consulting professor (from 1983).
The theory of the psychology’s object, the objective necessity of psyche, of the main laws of its development in phylo-, anthropo- and ontogenesis, of laws of formation of ideal actions, images and concepts as elements of psychic activity – these are the main components of Galperin’s psychological concept. Galperin’s scientific works can be characterized by a tendency to solve the principal questions of our science not with reductionist, but with properly psychological methods, to study the psychic activity and its development objectively.
Other publications of the author
- Galperin P.J., Danilova V.L. Teaching systematic thinking in the process of solving minor creative tasks // Questions of psychology. 1980. №1
- Galperin P.J., Podolskiy A.I. Positivism in the history of Russian philosophy and psychology // Questions of psychology. 1981. №6
- Galperin P.J., Kotik N.R. To the psychology of creative thinking. // Questions of psychology. 1982. №5
- Galperin P.J. Origin and modern state of cognitive psychology // Questions of psychology. 1983. №3
- Galperin P.J. Psychological research of early alcoholism // Questions of psychology. 1985. №5
- Galperin P.J. Theoretical-experimental research of the active nature of psychic reflection // Questions of psychology. 1987. №2
- Galperin P.J. On the object of psychology (Report at the meeting of the Moscow branch of Psychologists’ society, November 23rd, 1970)
- Galperin P.J. Development of researches on development of intellectual actions // Psychological science in USSR. Volume 1. М., 1959;
- Galperin P.J. Principal results of researches on the problem of “Development of intellectual actions and concepts”. М., 1965;
- Galperin P.J. Experimental research of attention. М., 1974 (co-authorship);
- Galperin P.J. Introduction to psychology. М., 1976;
- Galperin P.J. Relevant problems of developmental psychology. М., 1978;
- Galperin P.J. Methods of education and intellectual development of a child. М., 1985;
- Galperin P.J. Psychology as an objective science. М., 1998.
- Galperin P.J. Psychological distinction between the tools of man and auxiliary means of animals. PhD thesis. Kharkov, 1937.
- Galperin P.J. On mindset in thinking – Works of republic conference on education and psychology. Kiev, 1941 (in Ukrainian).
- Galperin P.J. To the question of internal speech. (Reports of the Academy of educational sciences, the Russian Soviet Federated Socialist Republic).
- Galperin P.J. Psychology of thinking and ideas on gradual development of intellectual actions.— Researches of thinking in Soviet psychology. М., 1966 // Introduction to psychology. М., 1976.