OPEN ACCESS JOURNALS
|JournalsTopicsAuthorsEditor's Choice||For AuthorsAbout PsyJournals.ruContact Us|
Diagnostics of children's school readiness in scientific studies abroad 3397
The article considers the problem of children's school readiness as it is represented in contemporary studies of foreign scholars. It displays a variety of approaches to estimation of school readiness as well as the ways of measuring the levels of child development as relating to school readiness, namely those of them which are in common practice in education.
Keywords: psycho-diagnostics, preschool age, school readiness
Column: Educational psychology
1. De Lemos M. M. Assessing development and readiness for school across different cultural and language groups / Marion M. de Lemos // Australian Journal of Learning Difficulties. 2008. Vol. 13. № 2. P. 73—98.
2. Denham S. A. Social-Emotional Competence as Support for School Readiness: What Is It and How Do We Assess It? / Susanne A. Denham // Early Education and Development. 2006. Vol. 17. № 1. P. 57—89.
3. Guhn M., Janus M., Hertzman C. The Early Development Instrument: Translating School Readiness Assessment Into Community Actions and Policy Planning / Martin Guhn, Magdalena Janus, Clyde Hertzman // Early Education & Development. 2007. Vol. 18. № 3. P. 369—374.
4. Haidkind P., Kikas E., Henno H., Peets T. Controlled Drawing Observation for Assessing a Child's Readiness for School and Predicting Academic Achievement at the End of the First Grade / Pille Haidkind, Eve Kikas, Helen Henno, Terje Peets // Scandinavian Journal of Educational Research. 2011. Vol. 55. № 1. P. 61—78.
5. Harris R. C. Motivation and School Readiness: What Is Missing From Current Assessments of Preschooler's Readiness for Kindergarten? / Ruby C. Harris // NHSA Dialog. 2007. Vol. 10. № 3—4. P. 15—163.
6. Janus M., Offord D. R. Development and Psychometric Properties of the Early Development Instrument (EDI): A Measure of Children's School Readiness / Magdalena Janus, David R. Offord // Canadian Journal of Behavioural Science. 2007. Vol. 39. № 1. P. 1—22.
7. Keating D. P. Formative Evaluation of the Early Development Instrument: Progress and Prospects / Daniel P. Keating // Early Education & Development. 2007. Vol. 18. № 3. P. 561—570.
8. Ladd G. W., Herald S. L., Kochel K. P. School Readiness: Are There Social Prerequisites? / Gary W. Ladd, Sarah L. Herald, Karen P. Kochel // Early Education and Development. 2006. Vol. 17. № 1. P. 115—150.
10. Lloyd J. E. V., Hertzman C. From Kindergarten readiness to fourth-grade assessment: Longitudinal analysis with linked population data / Jennifer E. V. Lloyd, Clyde Hertzman // Social Science & Medicine. 2009. Vol. 68. P. 111—123.
11. McDermott P. A., Leigh N. M., Perry M. A. Development and Validation of the Preschool Learning Behaviors Scale / Paul A. McDermott, Nanette M. Leigh, Marlo A. Perry // Psychology in the Schools. 2002. Vol. 39. № 4. P. 353—365.
12. Prior M., Bavin E., Ong B. Predictors of school readiness in five? to six-year-old children from an Australian longitudinal community sample / Margot Prior, Edith Bavin, Ben Ong // Educational Psychology. 2011. Vol. 31. № 1. P. 3—16.
13. Sassu R. The Evaluation of School Readiness for 5—8 Years Old Children — Cognitive, Social-Emotional, and Motor Coordination and Physical Health Perspectives / Raluca Sassu // Cognitie, Creier, Comportament / Cognition, Brain, Behavior. 2007. Vol. 11. № 1. P. 67—81.
14. Scott-Little C., Kagan S. L., Frelow V. S. Conceptualization of readiness and the content of early learning standards: The intersection of policy and research? / Catherine Scott-Little, Sharon Lynn Kagan, Victoria Stebbins Frelow // Early Childhood Research Quarterly. 2006. Vol. 21. P. 153—173.
15. Smith-Donald R., Raver C., Hayes T., Richardson B. Preliminary construct and concurrent validity of the Preschool Self-regulation Assessment (PSRA) for field-based research / Radiah Smith-Donald, C. Cybele Raver, Tiffany Hayes, Breeze Richardson // Early Childhood Research Quarterly. 2007. Vol. 22. P. 173—187.
16. Snow K. L. Measuring School Readiness: Conceptual and Practical Considerations / Kyle L. Snow // Early Education & Development. 2006. Vol. 17. № 1. P. 7—41.
17. Winter S. M., Kelley M. F. Forty Years of School Readiness Research: What Have We Learned? / Susanne M. Winter, Michael F. Kelley // Childhood Education. 2008. Vol. 84. № 5. P. 260—266.