Psychological safety of educational environment in studies of foreign scholars at the beginning of the 21st century 1409
, Linguist, translator; specialist of the Technology Transfer Division, the Department for Research Coordination and Planning and Scientific Personnel Training, Moscow State University of Psychology and Education, Moscow, Moscow, Russia, email@example.com
The article is devoted to the issue of psychological safety of educational environment in the publications of contemporary foreign scientists. It provides a detailed analysis and theoretical review of the approaches and techniques applied with regard to solve complicated matters the high school students may face with. The outcomes of fundamental and applied research are also introduced for better understanding of the current situation in the field of psychological safety of educational environment based on international experience.
Keywords: safety; educational environment; bulling; victimization; psychological risks; high school students; adolescents
Column: Educational psychology
- Aceves M.J. Seek Help from Teachers or Fight Back? Student Perceptions of
Teachers' Actions during Conflicts and Responses to Peer Victimization
[Electronic resource] / M.J. Aceves, S.P. Hinshaw, R. Mendoza-Denton, E.
Page-Gould // Journal of Youth and Adolescence. 2010. Vol. 39, № 6. June. P.
- Baeten M. Using student-centred learning environments to stimulate deep
approaches to learning [Electronic resource]: Factors encouraging or
discouraging their effectiveness / M. Baeten, E. Kyndt, K. Struyven, F. Dochy
// Educational Research Review. 2010. Vol. 5, № 3. P. 243—260. URL:
- Bordbar F.T. Comparing the psychological well-being level of the students
of Shiraz Payame Noor University in view of demographic and academic
performance variables [Electronic resource] / F.T. Bordbar, M. Nikkar, F.
Yazdani, A. Alipoor // Procedia — Social and Behavioral Sciences. 2011. Vol.
29. P. 663—669. URL:
- Brand S. A large scale study of the assessment of the social environment of
middle and secondary schools [Electronic resource]: The validity and utility of
teachers' ratings of school climate, cultural pluralism, and safety problems
for understanding school effects and school improvement / S. Brand, R.D.
Felner, A. Seitsinger, A. Burns, N. Bolton // Journal of School Psychology.
2008. Vol. 46, № 5. P. 507—535. URL:
- Carran D.T., Kellner M.H. Characteristics of Bullies and Victims among
Students with Emotional Disturbance Attending Approved Private Special
Education Schools [Electronic resource] // Behavioral Disorders. 2009. Vol. 34,
№ 3. P. 151—163. URL:
- Daly B.P. School Engagement Among Urban Adolescents of Color [Electronic
resource]: Does Perception of Social Support and Neighborhood Safety Really
Matter? / B.P. Daly, R.Q.Shin, Ch. Thakral, M. Selders, E. Vera // Journal of
Youth and Adolescence. 2009. Vol. 38, № 1. P. 63—74. URL:
- Goldstein S.E., Young A., Boyd C. Relational Aggression at School
[Electronic resource]: Associations with School Safety and Social Climate //
Journal of Youth and Adolescence. 2008. Vol. 37, № 6. P. 641—654. URL:
- McKown C., Weinstein Rh.S. Teacher expectations, classroom context, and the
achievement gap [Electronic resource] // Journal of School Psychology. 2008.
Vol. 46, № 3. P. 235—261. URL:
- Meyer-Adams N., Conner B.T. School Violence [Electronic resource]: Bullying
Behaviors and the Psychosocial School Environment in Middle Schools // Children
& Schools. 2008. Vol. 30, № 4. P. 211—221. URL:
- Seaton E.K., Yip T. School and Neighborhood Contexts, Perceptions of Racial
Discrimination, and Psychological Well-being Among African American Adolescents
[Electronic resource] // Journal of Youth and Adolescence. 2009. Vol. 38, № 2.
P. 153—163. URL:
- Suldo Sh.M. Sources of Stress for Students in High School College
Preparatory and General Education Programs [Electronic resource]: Group
Differences and Associations with Adjustment / Sh.M. Suldo, E. Shaunessy, A.
Thalji, J. Michalowski, E. Shaffer // Adolescence. 2009. Vol. 44, № 176. P.
925—48. URL: http://search.proquest.com/docview/195950977?accountid=35419.
- Urdan T., Schoenfelder E. Classroom effects on student motivation
[Electronic resource]: Goal structures, social relationships, and competence
beliefs // Journal of School Psychology. 2006. Vol. 44, № 5. P. 331—349. URL: