Current issues of preventing tobacco use in secondary school graduates 1143
PhD in Biology, Moscow, Russia
Here is identified the tendency to reduce the effectiveness of anti-tobacco prevention work among graduating students of secondary school. This decline may be due to psychological and social reasons. It is shown that risk factors of involving in chemical dependency are meaningfully disclosed in longitudinal studies, whereas the dynamics of personal change during the formation of anti-addictive prevention skills are more fully disclosed in the comparative age sections. The typical phenomena, accompanying the downward trend in prevention, are the growth of problem behavior and the crisis of mass dropout. Such phenomena are so great that they are recognized as a crisis at a state level.
Keywords: problem behaviors; anti-tobacco prevention; smoking; educational process; graduating classes; continuity, monitoring
Column: Special (branch) psychology
- Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance – United States, 2011 [Электронный
ресурс]: Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report // Surveillance Summaries. 2012.
Vol. 61, № 4, June. 168 p. http://www.cdc.gov/MMWR/PDF/SS/SS6104.pdf.
- White V. , Bariola E. Australian secondary school students' use of
tobacco, alcohol, and over-the counter and illicit substances in 2011: Report
prepared for Drug Strategy Branch of Australian Government Department of Health
and Ageing. 2012. Dec. P. 118.
- Johnson L.D. Monitoring the future: national results on drug use:
2012. Overview, Key Finfings on Adolescent Drug Use / L.D. Johnson, P. M.
O`Malley, J.G. Bachman, J.E. Schulenberg. Ann Arbor: Institute for Social
Research, The University of Michigan. 2013. 80 p.
- ACHA-NCHA II [Электронный ресурс]: Reference Group Executive Summary Fall
2011. Hanover, MD : American College Health Association. URL:
- Preventing tobacco use among adolescents and young adults. Chapter 3
[Электронный ресурс]: The Epidemiology of Tobacco Use Among Young People in The
United States and Worldwide // The Report of Surgeon General. 2012. P. 129–170.
URL: www.Surgeongeneral.gov/library/reports/preventing-youth-tobacco use/.
- DuPont R.L. America΄s dropout crisis [Электронный ресурс]: The
unrecognized connection to adolescent substance use / R.L. DuPont, K.M.
Caldera, H.S. DuPont, K.B. Vincent, C.L. Shea, A.M. Arria. Rockville, MD:
Institute for Behavior and Health. 2013. URL:
- Get Smart. Get Help. Get Safe. Preventing, Assessing, and Intervening in
Teen Dating Abuse [Электронный ресурс]: A training for Specialized
Instructional Support Personnel. Workshop Overview, Preparation Guide, and
Trainer's Outline. The National Center on Safe Supportive Learning
Enviroinments. 26 p. URL:
- Seitz Chr. M. Using the Photovoice Method to Advocate for Change
to a Campus Smoking Policy / Christopher M. Seitz, Robert W. Strack,
Rebecca Rice, Emily Moore, Tianna DuVall, David L. Wyrick // Journal of
American College Health. 2012. Vol. 60. Iss.7. P. 537–540.
- Lechner W.V. Changes in Smoking Prevalence, Attitudes, and Beliefs
Over 4 Years Following a Campus-Wide Anti-tobacco Intervention / William V.
Lechner, Ellen Meier, Mary Beth Miller, Josh L. Wiener & Yvon Fils-Aime //
Journal of American College Health. 2012. Vol. 60. Iss. 7. P. 505–511.
- Preventing Drug Abuse among Children and Adolescents [Электронный ресурс].
Second Edition. Bethesda, Maryland: National Institute on Drug Abuse. 2003.