Psychological and Pedagogical Foundations of Teacher Training for Development of Primary School Student’s Initial Representations (Based on The Course Material Natural Science)
In 2021, a working group of the Moscow State University of Psychology and Education developed a technique for developing student’s initial representations to scientific concepts based on the material of mathematics and natural sciences in primary school. The technique was refined and concretized on the material of the course “Natural sciences”. The paper presents the materials of a study in which students of the 3rd year of the bachelor's degree program of the psychological and pedagogical direction of training (21 people, who were divided into two subgroups: experimental – 11 people, control – 10 people. The average academic performance score of each group of students is 4,7 on a five-point scale) and students of the 3rd grade of primary school of Moscow (51 people, who were also divided into two groups: experimental – 28 people, control – 23 people). The level of science literacy of primary school student’s was measured using three-level thematic tasks (author E.V. Chudinova). The results of the study showed that the application of technique for the development of primary school student’s initial natural science representations in the preparation of future teachers affects the educational results of schoolchildren. It is noted that students who designed lessons using the technique for developing student’s initial representations to scientific concepts on the material of natural sciences in primary school paid special attention not only to the correct answers of students, but also to erroneous judgments. This helped them in organizing the educational discussion. It is emphasized that an erroneous judgment can become a tool for the mental development of a primary school student’s.
Keywords: primary school students, future teachers, students, teaching methods, natural sciences, scientific concepts, initial representations, natural science education, dialogue
Article type: scientific article
Funding. The study was carried out within the framework of the state task of the Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation No. 073-00110-22-02 dated 08/04/2022 “Formation of the psychological component in the methodological training of future teachers necessary for analyzing the causes of student mistakes in order to develop their subject conceptual thinking in the process of solving educational tasks”.
For citation: Sanina S.P., Rastorgueva M.D. Psychological and Pedagogical Foundations of Teacher Training for Development of Primary School Student’s Initial Representations (Based on The Course Material Natural Science) [Elektronnyi resurs]. Psychological-Educational Studies, DOI: 10.17759/psyedu.2022140406. (In Russ., аbstr. in Engl.)
1. Vygotskii L.S. Pedologiya podrostka. Sobranie sochinenii v 6 tomakh. Tom 4 [Pedology of a Teenager: Collected Works in 6 vol. Vol.4]. Moscow: Pedagogika, 1984. 432 p.
2. Vygotskii L.S. Razvitie zhiteiskikh i nauchnykh ponyatii v shkol'nom vozraste [Development Initial Representations to Scientific Concepts at School Age]. Psikhologicheskaya nauka i obrazovanie = Psychological Science and Education, 1996. Vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 5–19. (In Russ.).
3. Vysotskaya E.V., Khrebtova S.B. Nekotorye defitsity bazovykh predmetnykh kompetentsii vypusknikov bakalavriata pedagogicheskogo vuza [Some Deficits of The Basic Subject Competencies of Graduates of The Bachelor of Pedagogical University]. In I.M. Remorenko, B.D. El'konin (eds.). Deyatel'nostnyi podkhod v obrazovanii [Activity approach in education]. Moscow: Nekommercheskoe partnerstvo "Avtorskii Klub", 2021, pp. 349–365.
4. Guruzhapov V.A., Sanina S.P. Vvedenie studentov issledovatel'skoi magistratury v problemy organizatsii uchebnoi deyatel'nosti v osnovnoi shkole (na materiale estestvennonauchnykh distsiplin) [Introduction of Research Master's Degree Students to The Problems of Organizing Educational Activities in Primary School (Based on The Material of Natural Science Disciplines)]. Psikhologicheskaya nauka i obrazovanie = Psychological Science and Education, 2015. Vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 121–132. DOI:10.17759/pse.2015200312 (In Russ.).
5. Egorenko T.A., Sanina S.P. Podkhody k vyyavleniyu tipovykh oshibok mladshikh shkol'nikov pri osvoenii estestvenno-nauchnykh ponyatii [Approaches to Identifying Typical Mistakes of Younger Schoolchildren in The Development of Natural Science Concepts]. Psikhologo-pedagogicheskie issledovaniya = Psychological and Pedagogical Research, 2021. Vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 94–106. DOI:10.17759/psyedu.2021130406 (In Russ.).
6. Ilyenkov E.V. Dialektika abstraktnogo i konkretnogo v nauchno-teoreticheskom myshlenii [Dialectics of Abstract and Concrete in Scientific and Theoretical Thinking]. Moscow: "Russian Political Academy", 1997. 464 p.
7. Isaev E.I., Margolis A.A., Safronova M.A. Metodika razvitiya iskhodnykh matematicheskikh i estestvenno-nauchnykh predstavlenii obuchayushchikhsya do nauchnykh ponyatii v nachal'noi shkole [Developing Children’s Concepts in Mathematics and Natural Sciences in Elementary School: From Initial Representations to Scientific Concepts]. Psikhologicheskaya nauka i obrazovanie = Psychological Science and Education, 2021. Vol. 26, no. 6, pp. 25–45. DOI:10.17759/pse.2021260602 (In Russ.).
8. Lvovsky V.A., Chudinova E.V. et al. Lakuny estestvennonauchnogo obrazovaniya [Lacunae of Natural Science Education]. Deyatel'nostnyi podkhod v obrazovanii: Monografiya [Activity Approach in Education: Monograph]. Moscow: Non-profit partnership "Author's Club", 2021, pp. 328–348. (In Russ.).
9. Lvovsky V.A., Sanina S.P. Problemno-zadachnyi podkhod k obucheniyu v shkole i vuze [The Problem-Solving Approach to Teaching at School and University]. Sovremennoe obrazovanie v megapolise: vektory razvitiya: sbornik nauchnykh statei [Modern education in megapolis: vectors of development: a collection of scientific articles]. Moscow: Ekon-Inform Publishing House, 2018, pp. 75–88. (In Russ.).
10. Margolis A.A. Deyatel'nostnyi podkhod v pedagogicheskom obrazovanii [Activity Approach in Pedagogical Education]. Psikhologicheskaya nauka i obrazovanie = Psychological Science and Education, 2021. Vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 5–39. DOI:10.17759/pse.2021260301 (In Russ.).
11. Margolis A.A. Zona blizhaishego razvitiya (ZBR) i organizatsiya uchebnoi deyatel'nosti uchashchikhsya [Zone of Proximal Development (ZPD) and Organization of Students Learning Activity]. Psikhologicheskaya nauka i obrazovanie = Psychological Science and Education, 2020. Vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 6–27. DOI:10.17759/pse.2020250402 (In Russ.).
12. Margolis A.A. Novaya nauchnaya gramotnost': problemy i trudnosti formirovaniya [New Science Literacy: Problems and Difficulties of Formation]. Psikhologicheskaya nauka i obrazovanie = Psychological Science and Education, 2021. Vol. 26, no. 6, pp. 5–24. DOI:10.17759/pse.2021260601 (In Russ.).
13. Elkonin B.D., Vorontsov A.V., Chudinova E.V. Razvivayushchee obuchenie na puti k podrostkovoi shkole [Developing Education on The Way to Teenage School]. Moscow: Eureka, 2004. 239 p.
14. Rubtsov V.V., Margolis A.A., Telegin M.V. Psikhologicheskoe issledovanie geneza i razvitiya zhiteiskikh ponyatii v usloviyakh uchebnogo dialoga (vtoroi etap) [Psychological Research on Genesis and Development of Everyday Concepts in Educational Dialogue (Second Stage)]. Psikhologicheskaya nauka i obrazovanie = Psychological Science and Education, 2008. Vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 61–69. (In Russ.).
15. Sanina S.P. Rol' modul'nogo obucheniya v razvitii professional'nykh kompetentsii studentov prikladnogo bakalavriata [The Role of Modular Training in The Development of Professional Competencies of Students of Applied Bachelor's Degree]. Psikhologo-pedagogicheskie issledovaniya = Psychological and Pedagogical Research, 2018. Vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 56–69. DOI:10.17759/Psyedu.2018100306 (In Russ.).
16. Tsukerman G.A., Obukhova O.L., Ryabinina L.A., Shibanova N.A. Vvedenie iskhodnykh ponyatii: v poiskakh nedostayushchikh opor [Introducing Basic Concepts: In Search of the Missing Scaffolds]. Кul'turno-istoricheskaya psikhologiya = Cultural-historical psychology, 2017. Vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 4–14. DOI:10.17759/chp.2017130401 (In Russ.).
17. Chudinova E.V. Okruzhayushchii mir. 2-4 klassy: metodika provedeniya i otsenki kontrol'no-diagnosticheskikh rabot: posobie dlya uchitelya [The Science (grades 2-4): The Assessment of Control and Diagnostic Work: a manual for teachers]. Seriya Otsenka obrazovatel'nykh rezul'tatov v nachal'noi shkole [The series Assessment of Educational Results in Primary School]. Moscow: BINOM. Laboratoriya znanii, 2019. 60 p.
18. Chudinova E.V. Rabota s gipotezami detei v sisteme obucheniya El'konina – Davydova [Working with Hypotheses of Children in The Elkonin – Davydov Education System]. Voprosy psikhologii [Questions of psychology], 1998, no. 5, pp. 85–93. (In Russ.).
19. Chudinova E.V., Zaytseva V.Ye. “Trudnoe dykhanie”: k voprosu o preodolenii natural'nogo v kul'turnom [“Difficult Breathing”: to the Problem of Overcoming the Natural in the Cultural]. Кul'turno-istoricheskaya psikhologiya = Cultural-historical psychology, 2022. Vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 60–68. DOI:10.17759/chp.2022180106 (In Russ.).
20. diSessa A.A. A Friendly Introduction to “Knowledge in Pieces”: Modeling Types of Knowledge and Their Roles in Learning. Compendium for Early Career Researchers in Mathematics Education, 2019, pp. 245–264. DOI:10.1007/978-3-030-15636-711
21. Gassaway L.J., Bottge B.A., Ma X., Jones M., Gravil M. Effects of Formative Assessment Strategies on the Fractions Computation Skills of Students with Disabilities. Remedial and Special Education, 2021. Vol. 42, no. 5, pp. 279–289. DOI:10.1177/0741932520942954
22. Vosniadou S. The Development of Students' Understanding of Science. Frontiers in Education, 2019. Vol. 4, no. 1, article ID 32. 6 p. DOI:10.3389/feduc.2019.00032
Information About the Authors
Previous month: 3
Current month: 5
Previous month: 0
Current month: 0