Previous issue (2019. Vol. 15, no. 4)
Included in Web of Science СС (ESCI)
Supporting Children's Initiative 2374
PhD in Psychology, Professor, Leading Research Fellow, Psychological Institute of the Russian Academy of Education, Moscow, Russia
Supporting pupil's initiative aimed at searching for new ways of acting is necessary for bringing up people capable of self-education. In order to implement this, schools must change their schemes of one-way active interaction (built upon plans of only one of the partners) to mutually active cooperation (built upon both partners' plans). And thus the question "Who is more equal among the equal - a teacher or a pupil?" is no more relevant because it is replaced with a new, pressing one: "Since the level of development, skills and knowledge is so clearly unequal in children and adults, then what is the equality of a child and an adult?" An equal right for searching activity, equal obligations to build mutual understanding, but initially (on the primary stage of education) clear inequality of obligations to stimulate and support the partner's initiative, turning it to the discovery and use of certain cultural-historical means - that's the first principle of a learning community capable of developing the ability and desire to learn him/herself in a child.
Keywords: one-way active cooperation, mutually active cooperation, object-oriented interaction of teacher and pupil, search for new ways of acting, supporting child's initiative, aristocratic and democratic communities of learning
Column: The Problem Of Development
- Vygotskii L.S. Istoriya razvitiya vysshih psihicheskih funkcii // Sobranie sochinenii v 6 t. T.3. M.: Pedagogika, 1983.
- Davydov V.V. Teoriya razvivayushego obucheniya. M., 1996.
- Gorbov S.F., Mikulina G.G., Savel'eva O.V. Obuchenie matematike, 2 klass. M., 2002.
- Koul M. Kul'turno-istoricheskaya psihologiya: nauka budushego. M., 1997.
- Mesheryakov B.G. Logiko-semanticheskii analiz kon-cepcii L.S. Vygotskogo. 1998.
- Cukerman G.A. Opyt tipologicheskogo analiza mladshih shkol'nikov kak sub'ektov uchebnoi deyatel'nosti // Voprosy psihologii. 1999. № 6.
- Cukerman G.A. Uchebnaya zadacha — tochka rosta poiskovoi aktivnosti. M., 2005.
- El'konin B.D. Vvedenie v psihologiyu razvitiya. M., 1994.
- El'konin D.B. O strukture uchebnoi deyatel'nosti // Izbrannye psihologicheskie trudy. M., 1989.
- Bodrova E. & Leong D.J. Learning and Development of Preschool Children from Vygotskian Perspective // Vygotsky's Educational Theory in Cultural Context (ed. by A. Kozulin et al.). Cambridge University Press, 2003.
- Brown A.L., Campione J.C. Guided discovery in a community of learners // Classroom lessons: Integrating cognitive theory and classroom practice Cambridge (ed. by K. McGilly). MA: MIT Press. 1994.
- Hakkarainen P. Narrative Learning in the Fifth Dimension. 2002. http: // kajaaninkampus.oulu.fi / vaka / viidesdimensio /indexengl.html.
- Giest H. Instruction and learning in elementary school // Learning in Classrooms: A Cultural-Historical Approach (edited. by M. Hedegaard). Aarhus University Press. 2001.
- Matthews M.R. Constructivism. Editorial // Science & Education. — 2000. № 9.
- Rogoff B. Apprenticeship in Thinking. — N.Y., Press. 1990.
- Schmittau J. Cultural-Historical Theory and Mathematics Education // Vygotsky's Educational Theory in Cultural Context (ed. by A. Kozulin et al.). Cambridge University Press. 2003.
- Wells G. Dialogic inquiry: Towards a Sociocultural Practice and Theory of Education. N. Y., 1999.