The Problem of Intervention in the Situation of Personality Crisis: from Theory to Practice 2178
PhD in Psychology, Associate Professor, Department of General and Experimental Psychology, Faculty of Psychology, State University — Higher School of Economics, Moscow, Russia
The understanding of the personality crisis as an internal resource for self-development is reasoned. A comparative analysis of personality crisis, crisis situation and features of psychological assistance was performed. A model of psychological support in the short-term counseling is proposed that facilitates the constructive resolution to the personality crisis. The question of psychological sense of the crisis becomes the basis for intervention. The importance of the phenomenological method as a basis for counseling is underlined and the concepts of intervention and understanding psychology are compared.
Keywords: personality crisis, constructive role of the crisis, critical situation, crisis intervention, psychological support
Column: Psychological Practice
- Ovchinnikova Yu. G. O konstruktivnoi roli krizisa lichnostnoi identichnosti v razvitii lichnosti // Mir psihologii. 2004. № 2.
- Orlov A. B., Lengle A. Shumskii V. B. Ekzistencial'nyi analiz i klientocentrirovannaya psihoterapiya // Voprosy psihologii. 2007. № 6.
- Frankl V. Chelovek v poiskah smysla. M., 1990.
- Sharp D. Krizis srednego vozrasta. M., 2006.
- Aguilera D., Messick J. Crisis Intervention: Theory and Methodology. Sarnt Zouis Mosby, 1982. 4th.
- Caplan G. Emotional crises // The Encyclopedia Of Mental Health. N. Y., 1963. Vol. 2.
- Caplan G. Principles of Preventive Psychiatry. N. Y., 1964.
- George J. St. Casting The Lifeline: The Role of Human Resources in Helping Employees in Crises // Employment Relations Today. Vol. 25. № 2; John Wiley and Sons, Summer, 1998.
- Hoff L. A. People in crisis: understanding and helping. California Publishing, 1978.
- Lange S. Hope // Carlson C. and Blackswell B. Behavioral concepts and nursing interventions. Philadelphia: Lippincott, 1978.
- Lindemann E. Symptomatology and management of Acute Grief // American Journal of Psychiatry. 1944. Vol. 101.
- Maddi S. R. The Existential Neurosis // Journal Of Abnormal Psychology. 1967. Vol. 72. № 4