Previous issue (2020. Vol. 16, no. 2)
Included in Web of Science СС (ESCI)
Introducing cultural historical theory: main concepts and principles of genetic research methodology 1419
PhD in Psychology, Associate Professor, Faculty of Education, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
This paper explores two main topics. First, it presents main concepts and principles of cultural-historical theory (CHT) in relation to development. Second, it describes principles of the genetic research methodology, which are derived from the CHT framework. In other words, I will try to provide a systemic overview of Vygotsky’s psychological theory in order to answer two questions: (1) what is cultural-historical theory about and (2) what does it mean to make an experimental psychological study meeting requirements of cultural-historical theory.
- Galperin P. O teorii interiorisatsii. Voprosy Psikhologii, 6, 1996.
- Luria A., Vygotsky L. S. Ape, primitive man, and child: Essays in the history of behavior. N.Y.: Harvester Wheat-sheaf. 1992.
- Meierhold V. Teatralnii slovar. Moscow, 1920.
- Vygotsky L. S. The problem of the cultural development of the child, II. Journal of Genetic Psychology, 36, 1929.
- Vygotsky L. S. Mind in society: the development of higher psychological processes. Cambridge: Harvard University Press. 1978.
- Vygotsky L. S. The instrumental method in psychology. In J. V. Wertsch (Ed.), The concept of activity in Soviet psychology. Armonk, NY: M.E. Sharpe. 1981.
- Vygotsky L. S. Sobranie sochinenii. Tom 2. Moscow: Pedagogica. 1982.
- Vygotsky L. S. Sobranie sochinenii.Tom 3. Moscow: Pedagogica. 1983.
- Vygotsky L. S. Sobranie sochinenii.Tom 4. Moscow: Pedagogica. 1983а.
- Vygotsky L. S. Sobranie sochinenii.Tom 6. Moscow: Pedagogica. 1984.
- Vygotsky L. S. The problem of the environment. In R. van der Veer & J. Valsiner (Eds.). The Vygotsky reader. Blackwell. 1994.
- Vygotsky L. S. Collected works. The History of the development of higher mental functions.Vol. 4. New York: Plenum. 1997.
- Vygotsky L. S. Collected works, Vol. 5, Plenum Press. 1998.
- Vygotsky L. S. Collected Works, Vol. 6, Plenum Press. 1999.
- Vygotsky L. S. Osnovy pedologii. Stenogrammy lektsii. Izevsk. 2001.