Previous issue (2019. Vol. 15, no. 4)
Included in Web of Science СС (ESCI)
Dynamics of Individual Values in the Context of the Social Environment (on the Example of a Specific Professional Group) 1179
Ph.D. Student, Department of General and Experimental Psychology, Faculty of Psychology, State University — Higher School of Economics, Moscow, Russia
This article presents an empirical study of the individual values dynamics in the context of the social environment, which was conducted using the author's method of indirect assessment of values. The administered method and the procedure of data analysis are described in detail. A detailed description of the social environment was not included in the scope of this work, so it was limited to a narrower concept of«professional group». The dynamics of values were studied in the cross-sectional design. The novice and experienced representatives of the same occupational group were involved in the study — counter services workers at a major construction supermarket were taken as an example. The key values for each group were identified and the results of«values profiles» comparison between novices and experienced staff were presented. Significant differences between the two groups of employees were shown in two groups of values:«open-mindedness» and«politeness» (both values were more important for beginners). Different explanations of the revealed differences are offered.
Keywords: values, personal values, professional group, values profile, values diagnostics.
Column: Empirical Research
- Bazarov T. Yu. Upravlenie personalom. M., 2002.
- Bahtin M. M. Sobranie sochinenii. T. 1. M., 1996—2004.
- Vyzhlecov G. P. Aksiologiya kul'tury. SPb., 1996.
- Dyurkgeim E. Metod sociologii. Kiev; Har'kov,1899.
- Zhukov Yu. M., Zhuravlev A. V., Pavlova E. N. Sozdanie i razvitie
komand. M., 2006.
- Lebon G. Psihologiya narodov i mass. SPb., 1995.
- Leont'ev D. A. Psihologiya smysla: priroda, stroenie i dinamika
smyslovoi real'nosti. M., 1999.
- Nepomnyashaya V. I., Kanevskaya E. M., Pahomova O. N., Barcalkina V. V.,
Rubcova S. N., Muze E. N. Cennost' kak central'nyi komponent psihicheskoi
struktury lichnosti // Voprosy psihologii. 1980. № 1.
- Nicshe F. Sochineniya: V 2 t. T. 1. M., 1990.
- Petrenko V. F. Osnovy psihosemantiki. 2-e izd., dop. SPb.,
- Samoregulyaciya i prognozirovanie social'nogo povedeniya lichnosti / Pod
red. V. A. Yadova. L., 1979.
- Stepin V. S. Vystuplenie na Kruglom stole "Kuda idet rossiiskaya
kul'tura?" // Voprosy filosofii. 2010. № 9.
- Uznadze D. N. Psihologicheskie issledovaniya. M., 1966.
- Filosofskaya enciklopediya. Direktmedia Pablishing, 2006.
- Huhoreva A. V. Metodika oposredovannoi diagnostiki cennostei //
Voprosy psihologii. 2010. № 4.
- Shepan'skii Ya. Elementarnye ponyatiya sociologii DOC / Per. s
pol'skogo M. M. Gurenko. M., 1969.
- Forbes Chad E., Schmader Toni. Retraining Attitudes and Stereotypes
to Affect Motivation and Cognitive Capacity Under Stereotype Threat Original
Research Article // Journal of Personality and Social Psychology. Vol. 99.
Issue 5, November 2010.
- Krueger Joel. Extended cognition and the space of social interaction
// Consciousness and Cognition, In Press.
- Mead G. Н. Mind, self and society, Chicago: University
of Chicago, 1934.
- Thomas W. I., Znaniecki F. The Polish peasant in Europe and America.
V. 1, Camb., 1918—1920.
- Zhao Xinyuan (Roy), Qu Hailin, Ghiselli Richard. Examining the
relationship of work-family conflict to job and life satisfaction: A case of
hotel sales managers // International Journal of Hospitality Management. Vol.
30. Issue 1, March 2011.