Previous issue (2019. Vol. 15, no. 3)
Included in Web of Science СС (ESCI)
Age Specifics of Perceptions of Funny and Scary Things in Animated Films 1968
, Educational psychologist at the scientific and methodical centre of Toys and Play, Moscow, Russia, email@example.com
The paper addresses the phenomenon of a child's laughter and its role in the life of the child. Laughter is considered as a special type of cathartic experiences at the core of which lies the breaking of various well acquired cultural norms. At the same time, deviating from the common norms and stereotypes becomes the source of anxiety and fear. A hypothesis is set forth that the correlation between laughter and fear depends on the type and extent of the deviation as well as on the specifics of the child's perception of this deviation, which is closely connected with his/her age and the very situation of laughter-caused deviation.
Keywords: laughter reactions, fear, frustration, inversion of cultural norms, perception of animation, catharsis, age differences
Column: Animated films in modern childhood
- Aristotel'. O dushe. Moscow: Mysl' [About soul], 1976. Vol. 1, pp.
- Bergson A. Smekh [Laughter]. Moscow: Iskusstvo, 1992. 27 p.
- Bakhtin M. Tvorchestvo Fransua Rable i narodnaya kul'tura
srednevekov'ya i Renessansa [Francois Rabelais's creativity and national
culture of the Middle Ages and Renaissance]. Moscow: Khudozhestvennaya
literatura, 1990. 543 p.
- Kozintsev A.G., Butovskaya M.L. O proiskhozhdenii yumora [About a
humour origin]. Etnograficheskoe obozrenie [Ethnographic Review],
1996, no. 1. pp. 49—53.
- Kozintsev A.G. Cmekh, plach, zevota: Psikhologiya chuvstv ili
etologiya obshcheniya [Laughter, crying, yawning: Psychology of feelings or
communication ethology]. Butovskaya M.L. (ed.). Moscow: Staryi sad, 1999, pp.
- Likhachev D.S., PanchenkoA.M., Ponyrko N.V. Smekh v Drevnei Rusi
[Laughter in Ancient Russia]. Leningrad: Nauka, 1984. 295 p.
- Lourents K. Agressiya [Agression]. Мoscow: "Progress", "Univers",
1994. 272 p.
- Lur'e V.F. Kratkaya antologiya mladshikh podrostkov. Shkol'nyi byt i
fol'klor [Short anthology of younger teenagers. School life and folklore].
Belousov A.F. (ed.). Tallin, 1995. 202 p.
- Martin R. Psikhologiya yumora [Humour psychology]. Kulikov L.V.
(ed.). St-Petersburg: Piter, 2009. 480 p.
- Mishchenko I.E. Yumor v politike (funktsii i tekhnologii). Diss.
Magistr. [Humour in policy (function and technology). Magistr (Psychology)
diss.] Moscow, 2005. 38 p.
- Freid Z. Ostroumie [Wit]. Doneck: Stalker, 1999. 127 p.
- Ekman P. Psikhologiya emotsii [Psychology of emotions].
San-Peterburg: Piter, 2010. 182 p.
- Shultz T.R. Order of cognitive processing in humour appreciation.
Canadian Journal of Psychology, 1974. Vol. 28, pp. 409—420.
- Veatch T. A Theory of Humor - Humor. the International Journal of
Humor Research, 1998. Vol. 2, pp. 161—217.