Previous issue (2020. Vol. 16, no. 2)
Included in Web of Science СС (ESCI)
At the Origins of Personality 1370
PhD in Psychology, Professor at chair of Developmental Psychology Name after L.F. Obukhova, Moscow State University of Psychology and Education, Moscow, Russia
The paper discusses the problem of personality development at the early stages of ontogenesis. The key idea is the L.S. Vygotsky’s concept of an infant as “the most social creatures” and perception of oneself as an infant in the form of “pre-we”. The development of Vygotsky’s views is considered in the concept of communication of M.I. Lisina, as well as in the studies of the primary pre-personal formation, the essence of which is the child’s experience of himself as a subject of communication and social interaction. The data obtained within the framework of the cultural-historical approach are compared with the results of foreign studies of socio-cognitive development, psychology of attachment and social interaction. We presented an evidence of a variety of innate manifestations of social activity, the social competence of a child, starting from the first months of his life, his readiness to perceive an adult and enter into social interaction. We consider the “inter-subjectivity” — a congenital psychological mechanism that ensures the infant’s ability to social interaction; a mutual predisposition to interaction in a mother-child pair. We offer an interpretation of L.S. Vygotsky ideas about the social situation of infant development taking into account modern data of Russian and foreign psychology.
- Avdeeva N.N. Sozialnaya psyhologiya rasvitiya rebenka na rannih etapah
ontogenesa [Developmental social psychology of early childhood]. In Tolstykh
N.N. (ed.), Sozialnaya psyhologiya rasvitiya [Developmental social
psychology]. Moscow: Yurait, 2014. pp 253-280.
- Avdeeva N.N. Sozialno-emozionalnoe rasvitie vospitanikov doma rebenka v
pervie tri goda gizni [Socio-emotional development of children in infant
orphanages during the first three years of life ]. In Makhnach A.V., Prirhozhan
A.M., Tolstykh N.N. (ed.), Problema sirotstva v sovremennoi Rossii:
psichologicheskiy aspect [ The problem of orphanhood in modern Russia: The
psychological aspect]. Moscow: Institute of Psychology Russian Academy of
Science, 201, pp. 83—104.
- Bowlby J. Privyasannost [Attachment]. Moscow: Gardariky, 2003. 477 p.
- Vygotskii L.S. Sobranie sochinenii: v 6 t. T. 4. Detskaya psihologiya
[Collected Works: in 6 vol. 4. Child Psychology]. Moscow:
Pedagogika, 1984. 432 p.
- Ilyenkov E.V. Chto zhe takoe lichnost? [What is Personality?]. In Kosolapov
R.I. (ed.), S chego nachinaetsya lichnost [What is the beginning
of the Personality]. Moscow: Politisdat,1983, pp. 319—358.
- Leontev A.N. Deyatelnost. Sosnanie. Lichnost[ Activity. Consciousness.
Personality]. Moscow: Smisl, Academia 2005. 352 p.
- Lisina M.I. Formirovanie lichnosty rebenka v obschenii [Personality forming
in communication]. Saint-Petersburg: Piter, 2009. 320 p.
- Newcombe N. Rasvitie lichnosty rebenka [Child Development Change over
Time]. Saint-Petersburg: PITER, 2003. 640 p.
- Stern D.N. The first relationship: Infant and mother. Cambridge, Mass:
Harvard University Press, 1977.
- Trevarthen С. The primary motives for cooperative understanding. Social
cognition: studies of the development of understanding. Chicago:
University Chicago Press,1982.