Distinguishing of natural properties of language in the history of scientific research 588
Doctor of Philology, Ph.D., associate professor of the Department of Foreign Languages of the History Faculty, Lomonosov Moscow State University , Moscow, Russia
The author of this article points out that different approaches of determining the nature of language distinguish one property of the whole set. These properties belong to the language in all its complex organization. The author focuses his attention on the modern comprehension of the language as activity phenomenon. He appeals retrospectively to the theory of W. Humboldt. The main goal of the article consists in the assertion of communicative essence that is so characteristic for the linguistic approach that deals with the language as activity phenomenon. In this connection it is of vital importance to draw attention to the leader of the Neogrammarians in the history of linguistics at the end of the 19th century H. Paul. “The psychological principal” implemented in H. Paul’s conception is of great interest both in theory of modern cognitive linguistics and from the point of view of modern communicative syntax.
- Boduen de Kurtene I.A. Izbrannye trudy po obshchemu yazykoznaniyu [Selected
works on General linguistics in 2 vol. Vol. 2]. Moscow: Publ. AN SSSR, 1963,
- Gumbol'dt V. fon Izbrannye trudy po yazykoznaniyu [Selected works on
linguistics]. Moscow: Publ. Progress, 1984, 400 p.
- Zvegintsev V.A. Istoriya yazykoznaniya XIX i XX vekov v ocherkakh i
izvlecheniyakh [History of linguistics of the 19th and 20th centuries in essays
and extracts parts 1-2]. chch. 1-2.
Moscow: Publ. Prosveshchenie, 1964-1965, 963 p.
- Katsnel'son S.D. Vstupitel'naya stat'ya // G. Paulya Printsipy istorii
yazyka [Introductory article to H. Paul’s Principles of the history of
language] Moscow: Publ. Inostrannoi literatury. pp. 5-20
- Matezius V. Izbrannye trudy po yazykoznaniyu [Selected works on
linguistics]. Mocsow: 2003, 232 p.
- Paul' German Printsipy istorii yazyka [Principles of language history].
Moscow: Publ. Inostrannoi literatury, 1960, 500 p.
- Potebnya A.A. Mysl' i yazyk [Thought and language]. Moscow: Publ. Labirint,
1999, 300 p.
- Shakhmatov A.A. Sintaksis russkogo yazyka [The syntax of the Russian
language]. Moscow: Publ. Editorial URSS, 2001, 620 p.
- Shteyntal' G. Grammatika, logika i psikhologiya, ikh printsipy i ikh
otnosheniya drug k drugu [Grammar, logic and psychology, their principles and
their relationship to each other]. V kn. Zvegintseva V.A. Istoriya
yazykoznaniya XIX i XX vekov v ocherkakh i izvlecheniyakh
- Herder J.H. Abhandlung über den Ursprung der Sprache [Treatise on the
Origin of Language]. Createspace, Berliner: Publ. Holzinger, 2013, 102 p.