Previous issue (2020. Vol. 28, no. 1)
Included in Web of Science СС (ESCI)
Counseling Psychology and Psychotherapy
2010. Vol. 18, no. 2, 132–143
2075-3470 / 2311-9446 (online)
Active group music therapy: practice and prospects of the method in psychiatric hospital 1523
Psychotherapist at the Orenburg state clinical mental hospital № 2, Russia
There were submitted the description of the method of active group music therapy, the history of its formation, the experience of practical use in complex treatment and rehabilitation of the mentally ill in a psychiatric hospital. The method is based on the use of musical instruments in the course of therapeutic group work. Patients are involved in musical improvisations. Thus the identification process of the diagnostic material, the definition of therapeutic targets and therapeutic potential for further clinical work and rehabilitation of mentally ill persons on the principles of Biopsychosocial approach is carried out. The theoretical basis of the method is given. This article is provided with the music therapy sessions’ structural scheme, with the conditions and recommendations for the study. There is the prospects’ description of development and usage of the method in terms of an established collaboration with core medical specialists of the Hamburg music and theatre higher school (Germany).
Keywords: Active music psychotherapy, group psychotherapy, psychotherapy and rehabilitation of schizophrenia, group dynamics, dynamic psychiatry, emotional activation, recovery of communicative
- Ammon М., Babin S.M., Kazakovtsev B.A. Psychotherapy in Orenburg region and
Ammon′s model of dynamic psychiatry: interaction and integration // Russian
Journal of Psychiatry. 2004.№3. P. 59-63.
- Babin S.M The organization of psychotherapeutic care in the psychiatric
in-patient hospital (methodological guide) Orenburg, 1998. 24 p.
- Burbiel I. Therapy and psychological diagnosis in the dynamic psychiatric
hospital (methodological guide). Translated from German. Orenburg, 2002. 24
- Decker-Voigt H.-H. Introduction to music therapy. Translated from German.
Snt.Petersbourg: Piter, 2003. 205 p.
- Decker-Voigt H.-H. Series of lectures and seminars of the project of
post-graduate courses in music psychotherapy and music psychology. Oenburg,
- Iscanderov M.N. The method of active group music therapy in complex
treatment and rehabilitation of mentally ill patients // Problems of training
of clinical psychologists, social work specialists and psychotherapists:
materials of the second All-Russian meeting and scientific conference.
Orenburg, 2005. P. 116-119.
- Moreno J.J. Acting your inner music: music therapy and psychodrama. Moskva:
Cogito-Centre, 2008. 144 p.
- Essays on dynamic psychiatry. Transcultural study. Collective monograph.
Edited by М.М. Kabanov, N.G. Neznanov. St. Petersburg: Izd-vo V.M. Bekhterev
Institute, 2003. 438 p.
- Psychotherapeutic Encyclopedia. 3-d edition. Edited by B.D. Karvasarskii.
St. Petersburg: Piter, 2006. 944 p.
- Roshchina Е.V. Psychological and physiological basis of music therapy /
Drug Service of the Orenburg region on the turn of the century. Orenburg, 2001.
- Schmidts R. Musiktherapie in der Dynamischen Psychiatrie // Dynamische
Psychiatrie, 1994. Jg.27. S. 220 – 231.