OPEN ACCESS JOURNALS
|JournalsTopicsAuthorsEditor's Choice||For AuthorsAbout PsyJournals.ruContact Us|
Jealousy and dysfunctional cognitive schemas 4150
The goal of this study was to research the connections between the likelihood of experiencing romantic jealousy, dysfunctional cognitive schemas and symptoms of emotional problems. The study granted support for the hypotheses. Individuals with high-intensity jealousy are characterized by increased indexes of depression and anxiety. They also tend to use dysfunctional coping mechanisms more often.
Keywords: romantic jealousy, cognitive schemas, coping strategies, depression anxiety.
1. Buss David M., Larsen, Randy J., Westen, Drew, Semelroth Jennifer. 1992. Sex differences in jealousy: evolution, physiology and psychology. Psychological Science 3:251—255.
2. Ellis Albert. 1996. The Treatment of Morbid Jealousy: A Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy Approach. Journal of Cognitive Psychotherapy: An InternationalQuarterly 1: 23—33.
3. Freud Sigmund. 1955. Some neurotic mechanisms in jealousy, paranoia and homosexuality. In The Standard Edition of the Complete Psychological Works of Sigmund Freud. 221—232. London : Hogarth Press.
4. Guerrero Laura K. 1998. Attachment-style differences in the experience and expression of romantic jealousy. Personal Relationships 5: 273—282.
5. Hammen Connie. 1991. Generation of stress in the course of unipolar depression.Journal of Abnormal Psychology 100: 55—61.
6. Leahy Robert L., Tirch Dennis D. 2008. Сognitive behavioral therapy for jealousy.International journal of cognitive therapy 1: 18—32.
7. Pines Ayala M. 1998. Romantic jealousy: causes, symptoms, cures. New York Routledge.
8. RadeckiBush Vatherine, Bush J.P. 1991. Quality of relationships and romantic jealousy: effects of adult romantic attachment and depression. Paper presented at the 99th Annual Convention of the American Psychological Association, August 16—20, in San Francisco, CA.
9. Sharpsteen Don J., Kirkpatrick Lee A. 1997. Romantic jealousy and adult romantic attachment. Journal of Personality and Social Psycholology 3: 627—640.
10. White Gregory L. Romantic Jealousy: Therapists' Perceptions of Causes, Consequences, and Treatments. 2008. Journal of Couple and Relationship Therapy 3: 210—229.
11. Yates Candida. Masculinity and good еnough jealousy. 2000. Psychoanalytic Studies 1: 77—88.
12. Young Jeffrey E., Klosko Janet S., Weishaar Marjorie E. 2003. Schema therapy. New York: Guilford press.