Previous issue (2020. Vol. 9, no. 1)
Included in Web of Science СС (ESCI)
Early intervention in Moscow preschool education system: shift from rapid growth to quality improvement in preschool early intervention programs in Moscow 2035
PhD in Medicine, Professor, Department of Neuro and Pathopsychology of Development, Faculty of Clinical and Special Psychology, Moscow State University of Psychology & Education, Moscow, Russia
Early intervention services and lekoteks in Moscow preschool education system are aimed to help children from several months to 7 years of age with developmental disorders and their parents. The number of such programs reached 200 in 2012 and was growing faster than the number of professionals skilled to work at them. This obvious mismatch situation emerged the need for quality assessment and structured educational programs for specialist initial education and recertification. In this article we discuss the most commonly used protocols in early intervention programs, and current trends in their improvement. We also propose a model for quality standard development in early intervention services and lekoteks, based on worldwide experience and ISO (ISO 9001:2000) quality management principles.
Keywords: quality standard, quality management, system approach, early intervention
Column: Theoretical research
- GOST 52614.2 — 2006. Rukovodyaschie ukazaniya po primeneniyu GOST R ISO
9001-2001 v sfere obrazovaniya.
- Postanovlenie Pravitel'stva Moskvy ot 27 sentyabrya 2011 g. N 450-PP «Ob
utverjdenii Gosudarstvennoi programmy goroda Moskvy na srednesrochnyi period
(20012-2012 gg.) «Razvitie obrazovaniya goroda Moskvy («Stolichnoe
- Standartnye trebovaniya k deyatel'nosti slujb rannego vmeshatel'stva.
Associaciya rannego vmeshatel'stva. http://raeci.ru/index.php
- Ukaz prezidenta Rossiiskoi Federacii ot 1 iyulya 2012 goda № 671«O
nacional'noi strategii deistvii v interesah detei».
- Alisauskiene S. (2009). Key aspects and recommendations in early
childhood intervention. Conference paper, European Conference of Quality in
Early Childhood Intervention. Budapest.
- Curriculum for the professional training in Early Childhood Intervention
- Dimova A. (2005) Professional Education in Early Intervention
Systems in Europe. An overview. Project EBIFF.
- Early Childhood Intervention – Analysis of Situations in Europe (2005). Key
Aspects and Recommendations Summary Report European Agency for Development in
Special Needs Education. http://www.european-agency.org/eci/eci.html
- European Agency for Development in Special Needs Education, 2010. Early
Childhood Intervention –Progress and Developments 2005–2010, Odense, Denmark:
European Agency for Development in Special Needs Education.
- Gutíez P. (2010) Early Childhood Intervention in Spain: Standard
Needs and Changes. In: Early Childhood Intervention Across Europe Towards
Standards, Shared Resources and National Challenges, Ed. byM. Pretis.
- International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health-Children
and Youth Version. Geneva: World Health Organization Ellingsen, K. &
Simeonsson, R. (2011).
- Kennedy A., McLoughlin J., Moore T., Gavidia-Payne S., Forster J.
DEECD Early Childhood Intervention Reform Project
- McWilliam R. A. (2002) Routines-Based Early Intervention Supporting
Young Children and Their Families
- Mitchell D. (1993). Quality of life for infants and toddlers.
Australia and New Zealand Journal of Developmental Disabilities, 18,
- New Jersey Early Intervention System// http://www.njeis.org/
- New York State Part C Early Intervention Program. State Performance Plan
FFY 2005 – 2012 – Revised February 2011
- Ponte J., Cardama J., Arlanzón J.L., Belda J.C., Gonzalez T., Vived
E. (2009) Early Intervention Quality Standarts Guide. Asociación Galega de
- Pretis, M. (2006) Professional training in early intervention: an
european perspective. Journal of Practice in Intellectual Disabilities,
- Pretis M. (2009) Early Childhood Intervention in Austria. In: Early
Childhood Intervention Across Europe Towards Standards, Shared Resources and
National Challenges, Ed. By M. Pretis.
- Pretis M. (2009) PRECIOUS Professional Resources in Early Childhood
Intervention: Online Tools and Standards In: Early Childhood Intervention
Across Europe Towards Standards, Shared Resources and National Challenges, Ed.
By M. Pretis.
- Pretis M . (2009) European Curriculum for Professional Training in
Early Childhood Intervention In: European Developments in Early Childhood
Intervention Edited by Barry Carpenter, Jacques Schloesser and Jo Egerton.
- Pretis M. (2009) The quality management process in early childhood
intervention. Conference paper, European Conference of Quality in Early
Childhood Intervention. Budapest.
- Pretis M. (2010) Respecting Diversity and Introducing Standards: In:
Early Childhood Intervention Across Europe Towards Standards, Shared Resources
and National Challenges, Ed. By M. Pretis.
- Pretis A. (2010) Assesing Transparecy, Participation and
Reflexivity in Early Childhood Intervention Centetes// Professional Training
Resource Library/International Society on Early Intervention
- Professional Resources in Early Childhood Intervention: Online Utilities
and Standards, www.precious.at
- WHO International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health
(ICF, 2002) http://www.who.int/classifications/icf/en