Standardized Methods of Assessment of Individual’s Social Network in Social Work and Psychological Practice 2469
This article is a theoretical overview of the main standardized techniques for assessment of the social relations of the individual. The study of these techniques allows professionals to get the basic information about the microsocial environment of people. Theoretical analysis shows that the study of the social network of an individual involves the analysis of its structure, composition and function of its components. Described and analyzed the most common techniques for assessment of human social networks - "Name generator", "Drawing a social network", "Inventory of Social Network" (K. Bartholomew), "Social Networks Inventory " (Treadwell T. and co.), "Social Network Index "( L. Berkman, S. Syme), "Social Network List" (B. Hirsch, J. Stokes). Separately, the method of drawing up clients structured diary and method network card are shown.
- Kaz'mina O. Ju. Social'nye seti i razvitie social'nogo povedenija.
Rukovodstvo po ocenke urovnja razvitija social'nogo povedenija starsheklassnika
[Social network and development of social behavior. Assessment’s guide for
social behavior of adolescents]. M., 1993. 80p.
- Bartholomew K., Horowitz L. M. Attachment styles among young adults:
A test of a four-category model // Journal of Personality and Social
Psychology. 1991 №61. Р.226- 244.
- Berkman L.F., Syme S.L. Social networks, host resistance, and
mortality: a nine-year follow-up of Alameda county residents // Amer. Journ.
Epidemiol. 1979. №109. Р.186–204.
- Eriksen W. The role of social support in the
pathogenesis of coronary heart disease. A literature review // Family Practice.
1994. №11. P.201-209.
- Hansell S. Adolescent Friendship Networks and Distress in School //
Social Forces. 1985. №63. Р.698–715.
- Hirsch B.J. Psychological dimensions of social networks: A
multimethod analysis // American Journal of Community Psychology. 1979. №7.
- Scott J. Social Network Analysis. London: Sage, 1991.
- Seed P. Applied Social Network Analysis. A Set of Tools for Social
Services Research and Practice. Tunbridge Wells: Costello, 1988.
- Stokes J.P. Predicting satisfaction with social support from social
network structure // American Journal of Community Psychology. 1983. №11.
- Treadwell T., Leach E., Stein S. The Social Networks Inventory: A
Diagnostic Instrument Measuring Interpersonal Relationships // Small Group
Research. 1993. Vol. 24 (2). P.155-178.
- Vaux A. Social Support: Theory, Research, and Intervention. New
York: Praeger, 1988. 355p.
- Webb N.B. Social work practice with children (2nd ed.). New York:
Guilford Press, 2003.