Approbation of Russian Version of the Preschool Behavior Questionnaire 2245
PhD in Psychology, Associate Professor, Educational Psychology Chair, Institute of Psychology and Pedagogy, Altai State Pedagogical University, Russia
PhD in Psychology, Research Fellow, Department of Research Activities, Shukshin Altai State University for Humanities and Pedagogy, Biysk, Russia
MSc student, Institute of Psychology and Pedagogy, Altai State Pedagogical University, Russia
The article presents the results of elaboration of revised Russian version of the Preschool Behavior Questionnaire by L. Behar. Was drawn up a questionnaire for teachers and parents, as a result of task selection. This version includes 15 items which describe common emotional and behavioral problems of preschool children. Approbation of this version was realized in the sample of 480 children of the age of 3-6 years old, each of them was assessed by preschool teacher and mother. The results of confirmatory factor analysis confirm three factors structure of questionnaire, which include correlated factors of aggressiveness, anxiety and hyperactivity. The internal consistency of scales is good (Cronbach’s alpha are 0.71–0.85). The preliminary data proving validity of the aggressiveness and hyperactivity scales are obtained. The percentile norms for estimation of test results are provided. The obtained results lead us to conclusion that this questionnaire may be used for screening of emotional and behavioral problems in preschool children although validity of anxiety scale needs further research.
- Benevol'skaja T.B. Diagnostika agressivnyh projavlenij v starshem
doshkol'nom vozraste [Diagnostics of Aggressive Behaviour Patterns in Preschool
Children]. Psihologicheskaja nauka i obrazovanie [Psychological Science and
Education], 2007, no. 1,
- Golovej L.A., Rybalko E.F. Praktikum po vozrastnoj psihologii [Practical
work on developmental psychology]. Saint Peterburg: Rech', 2003. 694 p.
- Gutkina N.I. Diagnosticheskaja programma po opredeleniju psihologicheskoj
gotovnosti detej 6-7 let k shkol'nomu obucheniju [Diagnostic program for
assessment of psychological readiness for school in children of 6-7 years old].
Moscow: Publ. of MGPPU, 2002. 68 p.
- Kaz'min A.M., Konovko N.A., Sal'nikova O.G., Tupicina E.K., Fedina E.V.
Shkala jemocional'nogo neblagopoluchija i atipichnogo povedenija doshkol'nikov
[Elektronnyi resurs] [The scale of emotional distress and atypical behavior of
preschool children]. Klinicheskaja i special'naja psihologija [Clinical
Psychology and Special Education], 2014, vol. 3, no. 3. URL:
- Filimonenko Ju.I. Rukovodstvo k metodike issledovanija intellekta u detej
D. Vekslera (WISC) [Manual for the scales of children’s intelligence by D.
Wechsler (WISC)]. Saint Peterburg: GP “IMATON”, 1994. 94 p.
- Cvetkova L.S. Metodika nejropsihologicheskoj diagnostiki detej [Methods of
neuropsychological assessment of children]. Moscow: Pedagogicheskoe obshhestvo
Rossii, 2002. 96 p.
- Behar L., Stringfield S. Manual for the Preschool Behavior Questionnaire.
United States of America, Durham: US Department of Health, Education &
Welfare, National Institute of Education, 1974. 16 p.
- Behar L.B. The preschool behavior questionnaire. Journal of Abnormal
Child Psychology, 1977, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 265–275. doi:
- Brown T.A. Confirmatory factor analysis for applied research. New York:
Guilford Press, 2006. 475 p.
- Browne M.W., Cudeck R. Alternative ways of assessing model fit. In K.A.
Bollen, J.S. Long (Eds.) Testing structural equation models, Beverly Hills, CA:
Sage, 1993, pp. 136–162.
- Hinshaw S.P. On the distinction between attentional deficits/hyperactivity
and conduct problems/aggression in child psychopathology. Psychological
Bulletin, 1987, vol. 101, no. 3, pp. 443–463. doi: