Previous issue (2020. Vol. 25, no. 4)
Included in Web of Science СС (ESCI)
Early Childhood Education: Topical Problems 3496
PhD in Psychology, Senior Research Fellow, Laboratory of Preschoolers’ Mental Development, Psychological Institute of Russian Academy of Education, Senior Research Fellow, Laboratory of Psychology of Early Childhood, Moscow University of Psychology and Education, Moscow, Russia
PhD in Psychology, Head of the Laboratory of Preschoolers’ Mental Development, Psychological Institute of Russian Academy of Education, Head of the Laboratory of Psychology of Early Childhood, Moscow University of Psychology and Education, Moscow, Russia
Important issues of care and education of children from birth to 3 years are reviewed: education content, teachers and organization of education. The status of contemporary early childhood education and its often untapped resources make this topic ever more urgent. Two opposite approaches to early childhood education are discussed: the approach which is limited to care and supervision and the approach that targets on age-inappropriate stimulation of early intellectual development. The disadvantages of both approaches are
analyzed in view of insufficient competence in and a lack of knowledge about early-age mental development that many teachers and parents demonstrate. Based on the Russian and foreign practice, a model of a Support Center for early-age children and their families is proposed as an optimal form of providing comprehensive support to this population group. Basic principles and directions of the Center’s work as well as its staffing are described.
- Galiguzova, L. N. Mental development issues of children at early
age in the communication genesis concept. 2009. Vol. 2. № 2.
- Landers, К. The first three years of life: review of international
programs for early age // Proceedings of the International Conference on
socialization of preschool children. Khanty-Mansiysk, 2008.
- Lisina, M. I. Shaping up of child’s personality in the course of
communication. St. Petersburg, 2009.
- Meshcheryakova, S. Yu. Psychology of Early Age in terms of M.I.
Licina’s theory // Theoretical and experimental psychology. 2009. Vol. 2. №
- Organization of early assistance in the structure of a preschool
educational institution. Case history / Ed. D. E. Ovchinnikova, L. P.
Anisimova. Novokujbyshevsk, 2004.
- Prikhozhan, A. M., Tolstykh, N. N. Mental development of orphanage
children. Moscow, 1990.
- Prikhozhan, A. M., Tolstykh, N. N. Psychology of orphancy. St.
- Psychological Centers: Organization, content of activity, documentation /
Ed. S. B. Malykh. Moscow, 2007.
- Psychological, medical and social support for children in the Malysh
Center. Collection of articles by the staff of State Educational Institution,
Malysh Center of Psychological, Medical and Social Support / Ed. Ye. O.
Smirnova, О. О. Kuznetsova. Moscow, 2006.
- Developing a regional network of educational institutions for children with
needs in psychological and educational, and medical and social support in the
city of Moscow: 1993–2009 // Exec. Ed. T. N. Guseva. Moscow, 2009.