Previous issue (2019. Vol. 24, no. 6)
Included in Web of Science СС (ESCI)
Project Activity as a Means of Organizing Adolescents’ Learning Process (on the Example of Technical Modelling) 1603
PhD in Psychology, Head of the Center for Interdisciplinary Research of Contemporary Childhood, Moscow State University of Psychology and Education, Moscow, Russia
Senior teaching methodology expert, Municipal Methodological Center, Moscow Department of Education, Moscow, Russia
The article presents the results of an empirical study of project activity as a means of organizing adolescents’ learning process. The study is particularly relevant due to the acute need in the forms of learning activity aimed at adolescents’ development and socialization, as well as in efficient practices of training teachers, who will be involved in organizing project activity in the classroom. The research was conducted on the example of technical modelling, which is regarded as a particular type of project activity, aimed at creating technical objects with given characteristics and properties. The collected data testifies that technical modelling could become an efficient means of teaching and developing adolescents and could contribute to motivating adolescents to choose technical jobs and professions in the future. The results of the study are incorporated in a series of lectures on adolescence in the framework of the Master’s program “Cultural-historical psychology and activity approach in education” run in Moscow State University of Psychology & Education.
- Bannov I.I. Proektirovanie kak uslovie razvitiya lichnostnykh kachestv
starshikh shkol’nikov. Dis. kand. psikhol. nauk. [Project activity as the
condition of personality development in high school students. PhD (Psychology)
Thesis]. Moscow, 1998. 175 p.
- Gromyko Yu.V. Proektirovanie i programmirovanie razvitiya obrazovaniya.
Moskovskii uchebnik. [Designing and programming development of education].
Moscow: Moscow Academy of Development of Education, 1996. 545 p.
- Davydov V.V. Poslednie vystupleniya. [Last speeches]. Riga: Experiment,
1998. 88 p.
- Davydov V.V. Teoriya razvivayushchego obucheniya. [Theory of developmental
learning]. Moscow: INTOR, 1996. 544 p.
- Krivosheeva L.B. Tekhnicheskoe modelirovanie kak effektivnyi sposob
obucheniya podrostkov v sisteme dopolnitel’nogo obrazovaniya. Magisterskaya
dissertatsiya. [Technical modeling as an effective means of teaching
adolescents in the system of supplementary education. Master Thesis]. Moscow,
2015. Available at: http://mioo.seminfo.
ru/file.php/653/metod_rekomendacii/Dissertacija. Krivosheeva_L.B.pdf (Accessed
- Lazarev V.S. Novoe ponimanie metoda proektov v obrazovanii [New
understanding of the project method in education]. Problemy sovremennogo
obrazovaniya [Problems of modern education], 2011, no. 6, pp.
- Polivanova K.N. K probleme vedushchei deyatel’nosti v podrostnichestve [On
the problem of the leading activity in adolescence]. Psikhologicheskaya
nauka i obrazovanie [Psychological science and education], 1998,
no. 3–4, pp. 13–17 (In Russ., abstr. in Engl.).
- Polivanova K.N. Proektnaya deyatel’nost’ shkol’nikov: posobie dlya
uchitelya [Project activity of school students: teacher’s book]. Moscow:
Prosveschenie, 2010, no. 6, pp. 66–68
- Rubinshtein S.L. Osnovy obshchei psikhologii [Foundations of general
psychology]. Moscow: Uchpedgiz, 2nd ed., 1946. 794 p.
- Rubtsov V.V. Organizatsiya i razvitie sovmestnykh deistvii u detei v
protsesse obucheniya. [Organization and development of joint actions of
children in the educational process]. Moscow: Pedagogika, 1987. 160 p.
- Rubtsova O.V. Preodolenie vnutrennego rolevogo konflikta u starshikh
podrostkov posredstvom syuzhetno-rolevoi igry. Dis. kand. psikhol. nauk.
[Overcoming inner role conflict in late adolescents by means of role play
games. PhD (Psychology) Thesis]. Moscow, 2012. P.119.
- Rubtsova O.V., Ulanova N.S. Psikhologicheskie predposylki razvitiya
refleksii v usloviyakh primeneniya tsifrovykh tekhnologii [Psychological
conditions for the development of reflection while using digital technologies].
Psikhologicheskaya nauka i obrazovanie [Psychological science and
education], 2014. Vol. 19, no. 4, p. 101–112 (In Russ., abstr. in