Previous issue (2019. Vol. 24, no. 5)
Included in Web of Science СС (ESCI)
Interdepartmental Occupational Standards for Social Service Providers and Their Role in Improving Job Performance 2229
, Doctor of Psychology, The adviser at administration, Moscow State University of Psychology & Education, Moscow, Russia, firstname.lastname@example.org
The paper presents an analysis of the occupational standards development abroad and in Russia. It focuses on interdepartmental occupational standards for social service providers. While creating occupational standards for social services as an integrated industry it is advisable to consider the design of whole system and its macro-level effects in a document called “sectoral qualification framework”. It is pointed out that 1) real professional activity in social sphere has a clear humanitarian focus, and its objects are radically different population groups; 2) the complexity of the social work is often associated with the interaction between various professionals and their activity have to be interdepartmentally organized. The author identifies the factors influencing development and implementation of professional standards in different countries and consider the main strategy directions of development and application of occupational standards of education and social service providers in Russia.
- Bessarabova O. N. Obrazovatel’nye standarty srednei shkoly SShA: sostoyanie
i tendentsii razviti- ya: sostoyanie i tendentsii razvitiya. Dis. kand. ped. n.
[Educational standards US high school: state and development trends: state and
development trends. PhD (Pedagogics)]. Volgograd, 2006. 223 p.
- Razumova E. V. Standartizatsiya obrazovaniya v Rossii i za rubezhom: 80-e
gg. XX – nachalo XXI vv.: sravnitel’nyi analiz. Diss. kand. ped. n.
[Standardisation of education in Russia and abroad: 80th. XX – beginning of XXI
century .: a compara- tive analysis. PhD (Pedagogics)]. Ul’yanovsk, 2009.
- Shul’ga T.I. Novye napravleniya kadrovoi politiki spetsialistov sotsial’noi
sfery. K probleme razrabotki professional’nykh standartov [New directions of
per- sonnel policy specialists of the social sphere. To a problem of
professional standards]. Vestnik Mos- kovskogo gosudarstvennogo
oblastnogo universite- ta [Bulletin of Moscow State Regional University],
2013, no. 3, pp. 23–32.
- Introduction to Standards [Elektronnyi resurs]. URL:
- Professional Standards for Teachers [Elektron- nyi resurs]. URL:
(Ac- cessed 03.02.2010).
- Professional standards for the accreditation of teacher preparation
institutes. NY: NCATE, 2008. 92 p.
- Qualified Teacher Status [Elektronnyi resurs]. URL:
- SEDA. Professional Development Framework. Core development outcomes
[Elektronnyi resurs]. URL:
- SEDA. Professional Development Framework. Values or principles [Elektronnyi
resurs]. URL: http://
- Skills Tests [Elektronnyi resurs]. URL: http://
qualifiedteacherstatus/skillstest.aspx (Accessed 03.02.2010).
- Standards Framework [Elektronnyi resurs]. URL:
dards_framework.pdf (Accessed 03.02.2010).
- Standards Guidance [Elektronnyi resurs]. URL:
ance_08/qts (Accessed 03.02.2010).
- The UK professional standards framework for teaching and supporting
learning in higher educa- tion, 2006. 4 p.
- White Paper. The future of higher education. Crown Copyright, 2003.