Subjective well-being of adolescents and psychological security of educational environment 4219
Ph.D. student, chair of educational psychology, faculty of educational psychology, the Moscow State University of Psychology and Education, Moscow, Russia
The article addresses the problem of psychological security of educational environment as a condition which ensures subjective well-being of adolescents. The research was based on a hypothesis that the level of psychological security of educational environment can influence subjective well-being and its structural components. 127 educators and 192 adolescent students from five educational institutions took part in the empirical part of the research. I.A.Baeva’s “Psychological security of school’s educational environment” method was used for studying the level of psychological security of the environment, M.V.Sokolova’s adaptation of “Subjective well-being scale” and E.N.Volkova’s and I.A.Seregina’s “Subjectivity structure questionnaire” was used for studying the specifics of adolescents’ subjective well-being. It was found that the educational environment with a low level of psychological security can have a negative influence on specific components of adolscents’ subjective well-being such as activity, emotional equilibrium, satisfaction with various spheres of life, acceptance of oneself and others.
Keywords: psychological security, adolescent age, subjective well-being, educational environment, subject’s activity
Column: Developmental Psychology
- Baeva I.A. Psihologicheskaya bezopasnost' v obrazovanii. SPb.,
- Kaprara Dzh. Psihologiya lichnosti. SPb., 2003.
- Kulikov L.V. Psihogigiena lichnosti. Voprosy psihologicheskoi
ustoichivosti i psihoprofilaktiki. SPB., 2004.
- Rubcov V.V., Baeva I.A. Psihologicheskaya bezopasnost'
obrazovatel'noi sredy kak uslovie psihosocial'nogo blagopoluchiya shkol'nika //
Bezopasnost' obrazovatel'noi sredy: Sb. statei / Otv. red. i sost. G.M.
Kodzhaspirova. M., 2008.
- Savel'eva O.S. Sub'ektivnoe blagopoluchie kak problema social'noi
psihologii lichnosti // Materialy mezhregional'noi zaochnoi
nauchno-prakticheskoi konferencii «Aktual'nye problemy psihologii lichnosti».
- Shamionov R.M. Sub'ektivnoe blagopoluchie lichnosti:
etnopsihologicheskii aspekt // Problemy social'noi psihologii lichnosti/
Saratovskii gosudarstvennyi universitet im. N.G. Chernyshevskogo. Saratov,
- Bradburn N. The Structure of Psychological Well-Being. Chicago,
- Diener E., Diener M., Diener C. Factors Predicting the Subjective
Well-being of Nations // J. of Personality and Social Psychology. 1995. V.
- Morrow V, Mayall B. What is Wrong with Children's Well-being in the
UK? Questions of Meaning and Measurement// Journal of Social Welfare &
Family Law [serial online]. 2009. September. ¹31(3).
- Ryff C, Singer B. Know Thyself and Become What You Are: A Eudaimonic
Approach to Psychological Well-Being// Journal of Happiness Studies [serial
online]. 2008. March. ¹9(1).
- Shek D. After-school Time and Perceived Parental Control Processes,
Parent-adolescent Relational Qualities, and Psychological Well-being in Chinese
Adolescents in Hong Kong// Family Therapy [serial online]. 2007. ¹ 34(2).