Features of teacher professional development 3066
Ph.D. in Pedagogics, Associate Professor, Chair of Pedagogy, Altai State Pedagogical Academy, Barnaul, Russian Federation
We reveal the concept of “professional development”, analyze the specifics of teacher professional development. We single out the dimensions of teacher professional development: professional activity, personality, professional thinking. We show the importance of the humanistic sense of professional development of a teacher in the development of the child's personality, as well as the role of education as a factor determining the professional development of teachers. The attention is focused on the development of a research position in teachers, which can be considered as the psychological content of teachers’ vocational education. We show the specifics of cultural-historical and activity approaches in addressing the development of a research position of teachers and their professional development.
Keywords: professional development, professional pedagogical activity, personality of a teacher, teachers’ professional thinking, teachers’ vocational education
Column: Psychology of Professional Activity
- Bratchenko S.L. Vvedenie v gumanitarnuiu ekspertizu obrazovaniia.
Psikhologicheskie aspekty [Introduction to humanitarian expertise education.
Psychological aspects]. Moscow: Smysl, 1999. 137 p.
- Vygotskii L.S.Problemy razvitiia psikhiki [Problemy development of
the mind]. Vygotskii L.S. Sobr. soch. [L.S. Vygotsky Collected. Op.]: V 6 t.
T.Z. / Pod red. A.M. Matiushkina. Moscow: Pedagogika, 1982. 367 p.
- Kagermazova L.Ts. Oposreduiushchie mekhanizmy stileobrazovaniia
pedagogicheskogo obshcheniia budushchikh uchitelei [Mediating mechanisms stiil
pedagogical dialogue future teachers]. Psikhologicheskaia nauka i obrazovanie
[Psychological Science and Education], 2008. № 2. P. 35–41.
- Klimov E.A. Psikhologiia professional'nogo samoopredeleniia
[Psychology of professional self]. Moscow: Publ. tsentr «Akademiia», 2005. 304
- Leont'ev A.N. Izbrannye psikhologicheskie proizvedeniia [Selected
psychological works:]: V 2 t. T.1. Moscow: Pedagogika, 1983. 392 p.
- Mironova M.N. Popytka tselostnogo podkhoda k postroeniiu modeli
lichnosti uchitelia [Trying a holistic approach to the construction of models
of teacher's personality]. Voprosy psikhologii [Questions of psychology], 1998.
№ 1. P. 44–47.
- Mitina L.M., Mitin G.V., Anisimova O.A. Professional'naia
deiatel'nost' i zdorov'e pedagoga [Professional activities and health
educator]. Moscow: Izdat. tsentr «Akademiia», 2005. 363 p.
- Popov S.V. Metodologicheski organizovannaia ekspertiza kak sposob
initsiatsii obshchestvennykh izmenenii [Methodologically organized expertise as
a way to initiate social change].Kentavr [Centaur]. 2000. № 23. P. 2–7.
- Slobodchikov V.I. Ocherki psikhologii obrazovaniia: Ser. Materialy
dlia pedagogicheskikh razmyshlenii [Essays on Educational Psychology: Ser.
Pedagogical materials for reflection]. Birobidzhan: Izd-vo BGPI, 2005. 270
- Shchurkova N.E. Prikladnaia pedagogika vospitaniia [Applied Pedagogy
education]. St-Petersburg: Piter, 2005. 366 p.