The Joint Play Senior Preschool Children with Atypical and Regulatory Development in the Inclusive Group of Kindergarten 1586
Graduate of the Department of age Psychology of the Faculty of Psychology of Education, Moscow City Psychological Pedagogical University, Moscow, Russia
The aim of this article was to analyze the joint play of children with atypical and regulatory development in the inclusive group of kindergarten. Modified method of play activities analysis by E.O. Smirnova and I.A. Ryabkova was used . Sample consisted of 92 preschoolers (49 children aged 5,5-7,2 were visiting senior group). 21 children with atypical development and 43 children aged 6,1-7,5 years were attending the preparatory group. 22 children have features of development. All children attend inclusive kindergarten in Moscow. A total of 63 games initiated by children were described and analyzed. The duration of play, playing displays initiative, taking on the role of play, peculiarities of play actions were included in the analysis. The differences of play development levels between children with regulatory and atypical development were found. It was found that levels of joint children’s playing may differ. During one game its level in one child may vary. Hypothesis that playing together is a condition for establishing a zone of proximal development for children was confirmed.
- Bazhanova T.V., El'koninova L.I. Forma i material syuzhetno-rolevoi igry
doshkol'nikov [The shape and material of the plot-role-playing game
preschoolers]. Kul'turno-istoricheskaya psikhologiya [Cultural-Historical
Psychology], 2007, no. 2, pp. 2–11. (In Russ., abstr. in Engl.).
- Basilova T.A. Predposylki rolevoi igry u slepoglukhonemogo rebenka.
[Backgroud role-playing game in deaf-blind child]. Defektologiya
[Defectology], 1983, no. 4, pp. 64–68.
- Vygotskii L.S. Voobrazhenie i tvorchestvo v detskom vozraste:
psikhologicheskii ocherk [Imagination and creativity in childhood: a
psychological essay]. Moscow. Prosveshhenie, 1991, 93 p.
- Vygotskii L.S. Igra i ee rol' v psikhicheskom razvitii [The game and its
role in the mental development of the child]. Voprosy psikhologii
[Questions of psychology], 1966, no. 6, pp. 62–68.
- Gavrilushkina O. P., Egorova A.A. Igrovaya deyatel'nost' doshkol'nikov pri
intellektual'nykh rasstroistvakh [Fun activities in preschool intellectual
disorders]. Psikhologicheskaya nauka i obrazovanie [Psychological Science and
Education], 2007, no. 5, pp. 152–158.
- Zarechnaya A.A. Osobennosti sovmestnoi deyatel'nosti detei starshego
doshkol'nogo vozrasta s normal'nym i zaderzhannym psikhofizicheskim razvitiem
[Features joint activities preschool children with normal and delayed mental
and physical development]. Psikhologicheskaya nauka i obrazovanie
[Psychological Science and Education], 2009, no. 5, pp. 25–33. (In
Russ., abstr. in Engl.).
- Inklyuzivnoe obrazovanie. Metodicheskie rekomendatsii po organizatsii
inklyuzivnogo obrazovatel'nogo protsessa v detskom sadu. Vypusk 4 [Elektronnyi
resurs] [Inclusive education. Guidelines for the organization of the
educational process in an inclusive kindergarten. Vol. 4]. Prochuhaeva M.M.,
Samsonova E.V. (eds.). Moscow: Centr «Shkol'naja kniga», 2010. Available at:
http://edu-open.ru. (In Russ., Abstr. in
- Korepanova I.A., L'vova A.D. Osobennosti igry v inklyuzivnoi gruppe
detskogo sada. [Features of the game in an inclusive group of kindergarten].
Praktika, issledovaniya, metodologiya. Sbornik nauchnykh statei
[Inclusive education. Practice, research, methodology]. Moscow: GBOU VPO
MGPPU, 2013, pp. 147–152.
- Leont'ev A.N. Psikhologicheskie osnovy doshkol'noi igry [Psychological
foundations of preschool play]. Psikhologicheskaya nauka i obrazovanie
[Psychological Science and Education], 1996, no. 3, pp. 19–32. (In
Russ., abstr. in Engl.).
- Nikol'skaya O.S., Baenskaya E.R., Libling M.M. Autichnyi rebenok. Puti
pomoshchi [Autistic child. Ways to help]. Moscow: Terevinf, 1997, 143 p.
- Ob integrirovannom vospitanii i obuchenii detei s otkloneniyami v razvitii
v doshkol'nykh obrazovatel'nykh uchrezhdeniyakh [An integrated education of
children with developmental disabilities in preschools]: Pis'mo Minobrazovanija
RF ot 16 janvarja 2002 goda N 03-51-5in/23-03.
- Smirnova E.O. Igra v sovremennom doshkol'nom obrazovanii [Elektronnyi
resurs] [Game in the modern pre-school education]. Psikhologicheskaya nauka
i obrazovanie PSYEDU.RU [Psychological Science and Education
PSYEDU.RU], 2013, no. 3, Available at:
(Accessed 18.10.2014). (In Russ., Abstr. in Engl.). (In Russ., abstr. in
- Smirnova E.O., Gudareva O.V. Igra i proizvol'nost' u sovremennykh
doshkol'nikov [Game and arbitrariness in modern preschoolers]. Voprosy
psikhologii [Questions of psychology], 2004, no.1, pp. 91–103.
- Smirnova E.O., Ryabkova I.A. Struktura i varianty syuzhetnoi igry
doshkol'nika [Psychological features of modern gaming activities preschoolers].
Psikhologicheskaya nauka i obrazovanie [Psychological Science and
Education], 2013, no. 2, pp. 62–70. (In Russ., abstr. in Engl.).
- Smirnova E.O., Ryabkova I.A. Psikhologicheskie osobennosti igrovoi
deyatel'nosti sovremennykh doshkol'nikov [Psychological features game activity
of modern preschoolers]. Voprosy psikhologii [Questions of
psychology], 2010, no. 3, pp. 15–23.
- El'konin D.B. Psikhologiya igry. [Psychology of games]. Moscow: VLADOS,
1999, 360 p.
- El'koninova L.I. Opyt formirovaniya razvitoi syuzhetno-rolevoi igry.
[Experience formation developed plot-role-playing game]. U istokov
razvitiya. Sbornik nauchnykh statei [At the root of development.
Collection of scientific articles]. Moscow: GBOU VPO MGPPU, 2013, pp.