Primary School Children with Special Education Needs 2736
PhD, Senior Researcher, Head of the Psychology of Abnormal Development Laboratory, Professor of the Preschool Psychology and Pedagogics department, Moscow State University of Psychology and Education (MSUPE), Moscow, Russia
PhD in Education, professor, Department of Psychology of Education, Moscow State University of Psychology and Education, Moscow, Russia
The paper analyses the modern situation of development in elementary school children. As it is shown, children with special educational needs display a delay in social maturation. According to the outcomes of a longitudinal study on behaviour in communicative/activity situations in normally developing children and children with disabilities, at the point of school entry the following features are prominent: incomplete decentration process; low levels of verbal regulation of actions; underdeveloped dialogue functions (communicative, programming, controlling/regulative); decrease in self-regulation, programming and control; lack of position dynamics in partnership etc. The paper also provides a review of the new basic professional education programme in “Correctional and Developmental Work with Children” designed in modules and based on networking. It is argued that students graduating in this programme have mastered all competencies required for working with children with special needs.
- Vygotsky L.S. Developmental psychology as a phenomenon of culture. Мoscow:
Institute of applied psychology. Voronezh, 1996.
- Gavrilushkina Op. Social competence normally developing children and
their peers with disabilities in contemporary socio-cultural Wednesday.
Bulletin of the UMO, 2012, no. 3.
- Gavrilushkina O.p., Malova A.a., Pankratova M.v. The problem of
social and communicative competence of preschool and elementary school students
with difficulties in communication [Electronic resource]. Modern
foreign psychology, 2012, no. 2. URL:
- Gavrilushkina O.p., Yegorova M.a., Zakharova A.v., Kostenkova Y.a.
"Preparing an educational psychologist to professional work" remedial
developmental work with students [electronic resource]. Psychological
science and education psyedu.ru, 2015. Vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 12-21. doi:
- Yegorova M.a. System strategies of psychoprophylaxis social
disadaptation inmates of children's Home. Bulletin of the International
Journal of education and science. Psychology Pedagogy. Medicine, 2015. Vol.
1-2 (15), pp. 41-50.
- Zarechnaya A.A. Particularly joint activities of children under
school age with normal and detained psychophysical development.
Psychological science and education, 2009, no. 5, pp. 25-33.
- Kolominskii J.l. Psychology relationships in small groups (General
and age peculiarities) phychology. Minsk: TETRASISTEMS, 2000. 432 p.
- Obukhova L.f. Sociokognitivnyj approach to the study of the
intellectual development of the child [electronic resource]. Psychological
science and education psyedu.ru, 2010, no. 5-
- Perret-A.n. Klermo The role of social interactions in the development
of intelligence of children. Мoscow: Pedagogika, 1991. 248 p.
- Professional standard. Teacher (teaching activities in pre-school,
primary General, basic general, secondary general education) (educator,
teacher) approved by order of the Ministry of labour and social protection of
the Russian Federation dated "18 October 2013, no. 544n
- Professional standard. Educational Psychologist (educational
psychologist . Approved by order of the Ministry of labour and social
protection of the Russian Federation on "24" July 2015, no. 514n
- Scarring V.v. Joint activities as a problem of genetic psychology.
Psychological Journal, 1989. Vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 7–16.
- Federal State standard of higher education. Higher education Ma.
Preparation direction 44.04.02 psycho-pedagogical education approved by order
of the Ministry of education and science of the Russian Federation from
- Federal State educational standard of basic general education.
Ministry Of Education And Science Of Russia. Registered in the Ministry of
Justice of Russia from June 18, 2015 N 37714
- Feldstein D.i. Priority directions of psycho-pedagogical research in
conditions of significant changes in the child and the situation of its
development [electronic resource]. Herald of the practical educational
psychology,2010, no. 2 (23), pp. 12–18.
- Feldstein D.I. Problems of psychological and pedagogical sciences the
spatio-temporal situation of the twenty-first century(Report on the general
meeting RAO) December 18, 2012 year.
- Zuckerman, g.a., child and adult Interaction tvorâŝee zone of the
nearest development. Cultural-historical psychology, 2006, no. 4, pp .
- DiSalvo Carla a., Donald p. Oswald Peer-Mediated Interventions to
Increase the Social Interaction of Children with Autism [Electronic resource].
Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 2002. Vol. 17, no. 4, pp.