Socio-Psychological Aspects of Sport Psychologist's And Trainer's Work With a Team 1703
Doctor of Psychology, Head of the Department of Educational Psychology and Pedagogy, Faculty of Psychology, Lomonosov Moscow State University, Moscow, Russia
PhD in Psychology, Assistant professor, Psychology faculty of M. V. Lomonosov Moscow State University, Moscow, Russia
The article presents socio-psychological aspects of a psychologist's work with a sports team. The team-building goals and activities are described. Recommendations on organizational issues of sport psychologist's professional activity are provided.
- Kabachenko T. S. Metody psihologicheskogo vozdeistviya. Ucheb.
posobie. M., 2000.
- Anshel M. H. Sport psychology: From theory to practice. Scottsdale,
- Bandura A. Self-efficace: Toward a Unifying Theory of Behavioral
Change// Psychological Review. 1977. № 2.
- Beckhard R. Optimizing team-building efforts // Journal of
Contemporary Business. 1972. № 3.
- Bloom G., Stevens D., Wickwire T. Expert Coaches' perception of team
building // Journal of Applied Psychology. 2003. № 15.
- Connely D., Rotella R. J. The social psychology of assertive
communication: Issues in teaching assertiveness skills to athletes // The Sport
Psychologist. 1991. № 5.
- Crace R. K., Hardy C. J. Individual values and team building process
// Journal of Applied Psychology. 1997. № 9.
- Eitington J. E. The winning trainer. Houston, 1989.
- Feltz D., Chase M., Moritz S., Sullivan P. A conceptual model of
coaching efficacy: Preliminary investigation and instrument development //
Journal of Educational Psychology. 1999. № 4.
- Kenow L., Williams J. Relationship between anxiety, self-confidence,
and evaluation of coaching behaviors // The Sport Psychologist. 1992. № 6.
- Martens R. Coaches Guide to Sport Psychology. Champaign, 1987.
- Neuman G. A., Edwards J. E., Raju N. S. Organizational development
interventions: A meta-analysis of their effects on satisfaction and other
attitudes // Personnel Psychology. 1989. № 42.
- Salas E. Team training and performance // Science Agenda. 1993. №
- Smith R. E., Smoll F. L. Coach-mediated team building in youth
sports // Journal of Applied Psychology. 1997. № 9.
- Sullivan P., Kent A. Coaching efficacy as a predictor of leadership
style in intercollegiate athletics // Journal of Applied Sport Psychology.
2003. № 15.
- Woodcock M., Francis. D. Organization development through
teambuilding. N. Y., 1981.
- Yukelson D. Principles of effective team building interventions in
sport: A direct services approach at Penn State University // Journal of
Applied Psychology. 1997. № 9.
- Zander A. Making groups effective. San Francisco, 1982.