Previous issue (2020. Vol. 11, no. 1)
Included in Web of Science СС (ESCI)
Relationship between Subjective Well-Being and Social Activity: Cross-Cultural Aspect 2495
PhD in Psychology, associate professor at the Chair of Educational Psychology, Chernyshevsky Saratov State University, Saratov, Russia
The paper reports outcomes of the empirical research on cross-cultural specifics of the relationship between an individual’s subjective well-being and social activity. As it was revealed in the study, the level of subjective well-being was significantly higher in the sample of French young people than that in the sample of Russian youth. The data also revealed the variability of the subjective criterion in the individuals’ assessment of their well-being, inner in the case of the Russians and outer in the case of the French. Social activity of the Russian young proved to be closely tied with initiative and creativity in education, public life and hobbies, whereas for the French social activity is basically related to achieving prestige. Certain differences were also discovered in the very foundation of the individuals’ experience of subjective well-being: for the French, the roots of this feeling lay in the possibilities for broadening social contacts and achieving social prestige and independence; for the Russians, these were the active social position, longing for independence and exaggerated expression of ethnic identity.
- Abul'hanova-Slavskaya K.A. Psihologiya i soznanie lichnosti. M.,
- Ancyfirova L.I. Social'noe razvitie lichnosti kak predmet
psihologicheskogo issledovaniya: Metodologicheskie i teoreticheskie
aspekty // Psihologicheskie issledovaniya social'nogo razvitiya lichnosti. M.,
- Argail M. Psihologiya schast'ya. SPb., 2003.
- Vygotskii L.S., Luriya A.R. Etyudy po istorii povedeniya. M.-
- Sokolova M.V. Shkala sub'ektivnogo blagopoluchiya. Yaroslavl',
- Sopov V.F., Karpushina L.V. Morfologicheskii test zhiznennyh
cennostei: Rukovodstvo po primeneniyu. Samara, 2002.
- Stefanenko T.G. Etnopsihologiya: praktikum. M., 2008.
- Tatarko A.N., Lebedeva N.M., Kozlova M.A. Rol' modernizacii obraza
zhizni v transformacii cennostno-motivacionnoi sfery i etnicheskoi
identichnosti // Psihologicheskii zhurnal. 2006. T. 27. № 4.
- Hotinec V.Yu. Formirovanie etnicheskogo samosoznaniya studentov v
processe obucheniya v VUZe // Voprosy psihologi. 1998. № 3.
- Aspinwall L.G., Richter L., Hoffman R.R. Understanding how optimism
works: An examination of optimists adaptive moderation of belief and
behavior // Optimism and pessimism: Implications for theory,
research and practice. Washington, 2011.
- Rokeach M. Rokeach M. Beliefe, Attitudes and Values. Beliefe,
Attitudes and Values. A theory of orgazation change. L., 1972.
- Mercer Quality of Living Survey 2012. URL: /http://www.
- Pavot W., Deiner E. Review of the satisfaction with life scale //
Personality Assessment. 1993. № 5.
- Sirgy M.J. The psychology of quality of life. Dordrecht; Boston; London,