Previous issue (2019. Vol. 10, no. 3)
Included in Web of Science СС (ESCI)
Relationship between Intellectual Abilities and Conflict Competence in Preschool Children in Various Educational Environments 1333
PhD in Psychology, Associate Professor, Chair of Social Psychology of Development, Faculty of Social Psychology, Moscow State University of Psychology & Education, Moscow, Russia
Master's Student of the Department of Theoretical Foundations of the Faculty of Social Psychology, Moscow State University of Psychology and Education, Moscow, Russia
The paper presents findings of an empirical research on the correlation between intellectual abilities and conflict competence in preschool children in the context of different educational environments and, in particular, different educational programs. These findings show that the lower the level of a child's intellectual abilities, the weaker his/her conflict competence. Educational programs aimed at intellectual development promote higher levels of verbal-logical thinking in children. As a result, such children are less likely to choose active strategies of conflict resolution through the search of compromise.
Keywords: intellectual and communicative abilities, cognitive and social development in preschool children, conflict competence, preschool educational environment, educational pro¬gram, verbal-logical thinking, visual-figurative thinking
Column: Experimental Research
- Bozhovich L.I. Lichnost' i ee formirovanie v detskom vozraste. SPb.,
- Venger L.A. Vozrastnye osobennosti razvitiya poznavatel'nykh
sposobnostei v doshkol'nom vozraste. M., 1986.
- Vygotskii L.S. Sobr. soch.: V 6 t. M., 1983.
- Psiholog v detskom doshkol'nom uchrezhdenii: Metodicheskie rekomendacii k
prakticheskoi deyatel'nosti / Pod red. T.V. Lavrent'evoi. M., 2002.
- Royak A.A. Psikhologicheskii konflikt i osobennosti individual'nogo
razvitiya lichnosti rebenka. M., 1988.
- Rubtsov V.V., Ivoshina T.G. Proektirovanie razvivayushchei
obrazovatel'noi sredy shkoly. M., 2002.
- Khasan B.I. Konstruktivnaya psikhologiya konfliktov. SPb.,
- Yasvin V.A. Obrazovatel'naya sreda: ot modelirovaniya k
proektirovaniyu. M., 2001.
- Burger K. How does early childhood care and education affect
cognitive development? An international review of the effects of early
interventions for children from different social backgrounds // Early Childhood
Research Quarterly. 2010. Vol. 25. № 2.
- Fulignia A. and etc. Activity settings and daily routines in
preschool classrooms // Early Childhood Research Quarterly. 2012. Vol. 27. №
- Vitielloa V. and etc. Variation in children's classroom engagement
throughout a day in preschool // Early Childhood Research Quarterly. 2012. Vol.
27. № 2.
- Yamamoto Y. What makes a high-quality preschool? // Early Childhood
Research Quarterly. 2012. Vol. 27. № 2.