Estimating spread of violent behaviour with children 3167
Doctor of Psychology, Leading Researcher, Institute of Psychology, Herzen State Pedagogical University of Russia, St.Petersburg, Russia
Psychologist, NRC “Childhood without violence and inhumanity”, Nizhniy Novgorod, Russia
PhD in Psychology, Associate Professor of Organizational Psychology Department, National Research University Higher School of Economics, Nizhniy Novgorod, Russia
The article is to problems of violence (physical, psychological, sexual) to children in the region of Nyzhniy Novgorod in the Russian Federation. It was used international tool for questionnaire ICAST-C. В исследовании приняли участие 227 children par- ticipated in this study (131 girls, 96 boys) in the age of 11 to 18 years old. The results show that 78,4% of children have some experience of violence and abuse. 3/4 — in family, and 2/3 — at school. High level of psychological abuse at home was shown (more than 2/3 ), at home it is more often than at school (54% versus 30%). Children suffer from physical abuse at home (49% versus 33% at school). Though they suffer from sexual abuse at school (27%). All kinds of abuse take place among girls as well as among boys. Except physical abuse at school where it is more usual among boys (45%), versus (33%) girls. Girls suffer more at home. Teenagers suffer less, than youngsters. Emotional abuse is not spread widely (40% versus 60—75% in other groups). In general they suffer from sexual abuse not often, though it is usually at home (8,5% cases).
- Volkova E.N. Nasilie i zhestokoe obrashhenie s det’mi [Child abuse and
maltreat- ment]. Sankt-Peterburg: OOO “Knizhnij Dom”, 2011. 384 p.
- Volkova E.N., Isaeva O.M., Grishina A.V., Skitnevskaja L.V., Kosyh E.A.,
Dunaeva N.I. Vozmozhnosti ispol’zovanija oprosnika ICAST-C v uslovijah
rossijskoj dejstvitel’nosti [Implementation of ICAST-C questionnaire in Russian
reality]. Nauchnoe mnenie [Scien- tific opinion], 2012, no. 12, pp.
- Petrosjanc V.R. Psihologicheskaja harakteristika starsheklassnikov,
uchastnikov bullinga v obrazovatel’noj srede, i ih zhiznestojkost’. Diss. ...
kand. psihol. nauk. [Psycho- logical particularities and resilience of bullying
participants among high school students. PHD. Sci. (Psychology) diss.].
Sankt-Peterburg, 2011. 210 p.
- Cherepanova E.M. Psihologicheskij stress: pomogi sebe i rebenku
[Psychological stress: help yourself and your child]. Moscow: Akademija
[Academy], 1997. 96 p.
- Bojos N., Spira A., Ducot B., Messiah A. Analysis of sexual behavior in
France (ACSF): a comparison between two modes of investigation: telephone
survey and face-to-face sur- vey. AIDS, 1992, no. 6 (3), pp. 315—323.
- Durrant J. Corporal punishment: prevalence, predictors and implications for
child be- havior and development. In S. Hart., Eliminating corporal punishment
, 2005, pp. 52—53. Paris: UNESCO.
- Finkelhor D., Ormrod R., Turner H., Hamby S.L. The victimization of
children and youth: a comprehensive, national survey. Child Maltreatment, 2005,
no. 10 (1), pp. 5—25.
- Franzin L., Olandovski M., Vettorazzi M., Werneck R., Moyses S., Kusma S.,
et al. Child and adolescent abuse and neglect in the city of Curitiba, Brazil.
Child Abuse & Ne- glect, 2014, no. 38, pp. 1706—1714.
- Kempe C. H. et al. The Battered Child Syndrome. Journal of the
American Medical As- sociation, 1962, no. 181, pp. 17—24.
- Olweus D. Peer harassment: a critical analysis and some important issues.
In J. Ju- vonen, & S. Graham. Peer harassment in school: the plight of
the vulnerable and victimized. New York: Guilford, 2001, pp. 3—20.
- Pereda N., Guilera G., Forns M., Gómez-Benito J. The prevalence of
child sexual abuse in community and student samples: a meta-analysis.
Clinical Psychology Review, 2009, no 29, pp. 328—338.
- Priebea G., Svedin C. Child sexual abuse is largely hidden from the adult
society An epidemiological study of adolescents’ disclosures. Child Abuse
& Neglect, 2008, no. 32, pp. 1095—1108.
- Ministerstvo truda i sotsial’noy zashchity Rossiyskoy Federatsii. Doklad o
polozhe- nii detey i semey, imeyushchikh detey, v Rossiyskoy Federatsii za 2014
g. [The Ministry of Labour and Social Protection of the Russian Federation.
Report on the situation of children and families with children in the Russian
Federation in 2015]. Moscow, 2015 — URL: