Rumors as a factor of public opinion development
This article reviews the interrelation between rumors phenomena and public opinion as a social institution. Rumors are considered to be a factor of public opinion development being a result of communication and a product of actual problems understanding. The author shows a scheme of interrelation between rumors and public opinion at the level of routine consciousness.
Keywords: rumors, routine consciousness, individual mind, rumors object, routine knowledge, serotype, public opinion.
- Dmitriev A. V., Latynov V. V., Hlopjev A. T. Informal political
communication. – Moscow: Russian Political Encyclopedia (ROSSPEN), 1997.
- Gorshkov M. K. Public Opinion: history and modernity. – M., 1988.
- Grushin B. A. Opinion about the world and world views. – M.: Politizdat,
- Korobejnikov V. S. Opinion pyramid (public opinion: the nature and
function). – M.: Knowledge, 1987.
- NoelleNeumann E. Public Opinion. The opening of the spiral of silence. –
Moscow: ProgressAcademy, 1996.
- Popkova O. V. Ontology of rumors. – Togliatti: Accent, 2002.
- Toschenko Zh. T., Kharchenko S. V. Social mood. – M.: Academia, 1996.
- Shubkin V. N. Catastrophic consciousness in the modern world in the late
twentieth century / ed. V. E. Shlappentucha, V. A. Yadov. – Moscow: Moscow
Public Science Foundation, 2002.
- Peterson W. A., Gist N. P. Rumour and Public Opinion // American Journal of
Sociology. – 1951. – V. 57. – Р. 159–167.