Cross-Cultural Communication and Global Economy
National Research University – the Higher school of economics, Moscow, Russia
The article gives a review of the basic issues related to cross-cultural communication. The author focuses on the origin of cross-cultural diversity and analyses modern approaches to building cross-cultural competence.
Keywords: cross-cultural communication; world perception; philosophy; thought; stereotypes.
- Richard E. Nisbett. The Geography of Thought: How Asians and Westerners
Think Differently... And Why. – NY: The Free Press, 2003. – 263 p.
- J. Mole, John. Mind your manners: managing business cultures in Europe. 3rd
ed. – London, Yarmouth, Maine: Nicholas Brealey Pu, 2003. – 286 p.
- Trompenaars F., HampdenTurner, C. The nationalcultural differences in the
context of global business / first. from English. Publisher "Potpourri", 2004.
– 527 p.
- Sapozhnikova E. E. Comparative analysis of national and cultural features
of the language of business communication (based on talks in English, Spanish
and Russian): Dis. ... cand. financial science. – Moscow, 2004. – 252 p.
- Gudkov D. B. Algorithm perception of text and intercultural communication.
Language, consciousness, communication: Sat. articles. – M.: Philosophy, 1997.
– Vol. 1. – 192 p.