Preconditions of research of problematic aspects of "mind" and "mentality" in in works of foreign and domestic thinkers
Adyghe State University, Maikop, Adygheya Republic, Russia, Russia
The paper discloses the concepts of “mentality” and “mind” from the various points of view, substantiates forms of their use in various sciences and provides characteristics of men-tality types. Attention is focused on the essential characteristic and differences in “mentality” defini-tions. It is explained why the pedagogy should use this category. Analyzing mentality definitions, as well as a list of concepts with the help of which various authors uncover the content of the category, the author distinguishes invariant components which disclose its essence.
Keywords: Mentality; mind; individual mentality; public mentality; mentality of society.
- Gershunsky B. S. Tolerance as a strategy of thinking and action:
abstracts of scientific conference. – Samara, 1999. – P. 109.
- Duby G. The development of historical studies in France //
Odysseus. A man in history. – M., 1991. – P. 52.
- Gurevich A. Ya. Historical synthesis and School of "Annals." – M.,
1993. – P. 10–11.
- Dubov I. G. Phenomenon of mentality: a psychological analysis //
Questions of psychology. – 1993. – № 5. – P. 20–29.
- Gershunsky B. S. Philosophy of Education. – Moscow: Moscow
Psychological and Social Institute, 1998. – 432. – P. 125.
- Shkuratov V. A. Historical Psychology. – M., 1997. – P. 121.
- Verbitsky A. A. New educational paradigm and contextual learning.
– M., 1999.
- Mahmutov M. I. Intellectual potential of the Russians: the causes
of the weakening // Pedagogy. – 2001. – № 10. – P. 10.
- Gershunsky B. S. Mentality and Education: textbook for students. –
M.: Institute of Practical Psy-chology, 1996. – P. 18.
- Kartushina I. Formation of a professional engineer's mentality in
the organization and manage-ment of transport: dissertation of candidate of
pedagogical sciences. – Kaliningrad, 2004. – P. 8.
- Shakurov A. D. Psychology guide teaching staff: textbook for
pedagogical high school. – M.: Mas-ter, 1995. – P. 23.
- Polezhaev D. The idea of mentality in Russian philosophy of the
"golden age". – Volgograd: Volgo-grad State University, 2003. – P. 59.