Data sharing possibility makes your paper more visible, accessible, reproducible, and applicable for further use.
The information considered as the research data often differs by field of study. But, as a rule, it is the data that confirm the results of your research. They cover a range of useful materials related to your research including the following: raw or processed data, software, codes, models, algorithms, protocols, methods, etc.
Research data sharing leads to an increase in the following: the number of citations for the author's work, the credibility of the research results, and the visibility of the latter. As a result, this can lead to new collaborations, help avoid duplication of studies, and facilitate their replication.
The journals of the MSUPE publishing house encourage the submission of data evidencing the results presented in published articles.
The Data Availability Application written in a free form shall be sent to the editorial office of the journal along with the manuscript. It shall contain information on where to find the data evidencing the results presented in the published article, including hyperlinks to publicly available archival datasets analyzed or generated during the study. Public datasets mentioned in the Data Availability Application may also be listed in the literature reference. This is especially recommended when datasets have Digital Object Identifiers (DOI).
The Data Availability Application usually shall have the following:
1. Datasets created and/or analyzed during the current study are available in [NAME], [PERMANENT WEB LINK TO DATASETS] repository.
2. Datasets generated and/or analyzed during the current study are available at the respective author upon request.
3. All data obtained or analyzed in the course of this study are included in this published article (and files with additional information to it).
- The datasets created and/or analyzed during the current study are not publicly available due to [REASON(S) WHY THE DATA IS NOT PUBLIC] but are available at the respective author upon reasonable request.
- Data sharing doesn’t apply to this article as no datasets were created or analyzed during the current study.
- Data evidencing the findings of this study is available at [NAME OF THE THIRD PARTIES], but there are restrictions on the availability of the data used under the license for the current study, and therefore are not publicly available. However, data may be provided by the authors upon request and with permission from [THE THIRD PARTY].
Depending on the nature of the study, multiple statements may need to be combined.
If you have reused the data in your study, you should add a link to the data in your bibliography and a description of the data in the data availability application, specifying the source of the data.
There are various options for storing and using the results of scientific research in data banks:
Pre-Registration Repository. Examples – data banks of Elsevier, Sage, Springer, and other big publishers. As an example, Nature Publisher recommends different data banks for researchers of different fields listing them accordingly.
You are welcome to choose a convenient and specialized platform for posting your additional materials to the manuscript, being obliged to provide DOI to your data so that it is possible to refer to them.
Russian Repository of Research Data and Tools in Psychology and Education RusPsyDATA
Publisher: Federal State Budgetary Educational Institution of Higher Education “Moscow State University of Psychology and Education”
Network address: https://ruspsydata.mgppu.ru
Placement Conditions: it is possible for authorized users to place data in the repository after registration.
Support team contacts: firstname.lastname@example.org