Experimental Psychology (Russia)
2022. Vol. 15, no. 4, 216–230
ISSN: 2072-7593 / 2311-7036 (online)
Development and Testing of the Methodology "Diagnostics of Signs of Youth Subculture in Small Social Groups"
The article presents the results of the development and testing of the author's methodology, designed to identify signs of youth subculture in a youth group and allow to characterize its type. The methodology is based on the idea that subcultural communities have a number of external and internal distinctive features, differ based on the level of social activity and orientation. The socio-psychological model of the youth subculture was updated, including organizational, socio-cultural and socio-practical components. The approbation took place on a sample of 284 people. The psychometric assessment of the technique allows us to speak of a sufficiently high level of its reliability, validity and internal consistency, which indicates the possibility of considering it as a measurement tool in psychological research.
Keywords: youth subculture, prosocial behavior, values, intergroup interaction, reliability, internal consistency, validity
Journal rubric: Tools
Article type: scientific article
Funding. The study was carried out with the financial support of the Russian Foundation for Basic Research (RFBR) in the framework of the research project number 20-013-00073а.
For citation: Logvinova M.I. Development and Testing of the Methodology "Diagnostics of Signs of Youth Subculture in Small Social Groups". Eksperimental'naâ psihologiâ = Experimental Psychology (Russia), 2022. Vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 216–230. DOI: 10.17759/exppsy.2022150414. (In Russ., аbstr. in Engl.)
- Alexandrova E.A. Subcultures of the educational system: functions, typology, problems. Izv. Sarat. un-that. New Ser. Philosophy. Psychology. Pedagogy. 2015. Vol. 15, no. 2. P. 25—31. (In Russ.).
- Baeva I.A. Psychology of youth subculture (social and psychological aspect of youth policy). Psychology of education. 2007. No. 1(10). P. 82—90. (In Russ.).
- Belov V.I. Escapism: Causes, Functions and Boundaries. Innovative Science. 2017. No. 3-1. P. 270—276. (In Russ.).
- Voiskunsky A.E., Soldatova G.U. The epidemic of loneliness in a digital society: hikikomori as a cultural and psychological phenomenon. Counseling psychology and psychotherapy. 2019. Vol. 27. No. 3. P. 22—43. (In Russ.).
- Glebova E.A., Bgantseva I.V., Tislenkova I.A., Tikhaeva V.V. Internetization of modern youth subculture. Vestn. Myself. state tech. un-that. Ser. Psychological and pedagogical science. 2020. No. 3(47). P. 24—37. (In Russ.).
- Kudinova Yu.V. The influence of volunteering on the professional development of students - future teachers // Research / S & R. 2020. No. S4.1. P. 45—48. (In Russ.).
- Kucherenko P.A., Korovyakovsky D.G., Antonova N.V., Khromova N.M., Maistrovich E.V. Volunteering and volunteering as a tool for the prevention of deviant behavior in adolescents [Electronic resource].Psychology and law. 2020. Vol. 10. No. 2. P. 51—63. (In Russ.).
- Levashova E.L. Typologization of youth subcultures in modern Russian society. Izvestia RGPU im. A.P. Herzen. 2012. No. 150. P. 147—151. (In Russ.).
- Logvinova M.I. The orientation of the personality and the group of representatives of pro-social youth subcultures. Uchenye zapiski. Electronic scientific journal of Kursk State University. 2021. No. 2(58). P. 322—328. (In Russ.).
- Lukyanov O.V., Chastokolenko Y.B., Kotikova K.O. Pseudo-socialization in creative youth subcultures. Questions of psychology. 2014. No. 5. P. 87—94. (In Russ.).
- Martsinkovskaya T.D. Subculture in a transitive society. Questions of psychology. 2013. No. 4. P. 57—69. (In Russ.).
- Mikhailova L.I. Sociology of culture / Course of lectures. M .: Logos, 1997. 222 p. (In Russ.).
- Mosienko L.V. Axiological characteristics of students' subculture // Modern problems of science and education [Electronic resource]. 2012. No. 2. URL: http://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/aksiologicheskie-harakteristiki-subkultury-studentov. (Accessed 28.02.2020). (In Russ.).
- Parfenyuk D.V. Socio-psychological orientation of representatives of youth subcultures: Author's abstract. diss. ... Cand. ps. sciences. M., 2011. 237 p. (In Russ.).
- Poleva N.S. "Sunset" of youth subcultures.Psychology of subcultures: phenomenology and modern development trends. Materials of the international scientific conference. 2019. P. 31—36. (In Russ.).
- Psychology of leadership: leadership in social organizations: a textbook for universities / A.S. Chernyshev [and others]; under the general editorship of A.S. Chernyshev. M.: Yurayt, 2020. P. 123—133. (In Russ.).
- Sitarov V.A., Maralov V.G. Social activity of an individual (levels, criteria, types and ways of its development). Knowledge. Understanding. Skill. 2015. No. 4. P. 64—76. (In Russ.).
- Stipanishchenko O.V. Study of youth as a special social group in social sciences and humanities [Electronic resource]. Scientific Journal of KubSAU. 2011. No. 73. P. 587—600. URL: http://ej.kubagro.ru/2011/09/pdf/ 47.pdf. (Accessed09.09.2020). (In Russ.).
- Timoshchuk I.G. Diagnostic tools for studying some aspects of responsibility in psychology students. Practical psychology and social work. 2004. No. 8. P. 37—40. (In Russ.).
- Haven P. Modern adolescents: a socio-psychological approach. M.: Vlados, 2011. 260 p. (In Russ.).
- Chernyshev A.S., Sarychev S.V., Grebenkov N.N. Parametric theory of small groups and collectives. Kursk: Kursk. state un-t, 2019. 264 p. (In Russ.).
- Shabanov L.V. Socio-psychological characteristics of youth subcultures: social protest or forced marginality. Tomsk: Tomsk State University, 2005. 399 p. (In Russ.).
- Shamionov R.M. Social activity and risk appetite of students with autonomous and dependent types of subjective regulation. Social psychology and society. 2021. Vol. 12. No. 1. P. 94—112. DOI:10.17759/sps.2021120107 (In Russ.).
- Schneider L.B. Youth extremism: essence, gender specificity, counteraction and prevention. M.: Publishing house of the Moscow Psychological and Social Institute, 2014. 196 p. (In Russ.).