Vestnik of Saint Petersburg University. Psychology
2020. Vol. 10, no. 2, 184–198
ISSN: 2658-3607 / 2658-6010 (online)
Productive and Unproductive Patterns of Metacognitive Regulation of Intellectual Performance
Keywords: intellectual performance, metacognitive regulation, intellectual productivity
Journal rubric: Empirical and Experimental Research
Article type: scientific article
For citation: Makarova D.N. Productive and Unproductive Patterns of Metacognitive Regulation of Intellectual Performance. Vestnik of Saint Petersburg University. Psychology, 2020. Vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 184–198. DOI: 10.21638/spbu16.2020.205. (In Russ., аbstr. in Engl.)
- Shcherbakova O.V., Osorina M.V. Humorous component as a factor increasing complexity of intellectual tasks (on the example of WAIS). Vestnik of Saint Petersburg University. Psychology. Sociology, 2009, issue 1, pp. 108–115. (In Russian)
- Osorina M.V., Shcherbakova O.V., Avanesyan M.O. Problems of metacognitive regulation: standards and non-productive patterns of intellectual performance. Vestnik of Saint Petersburg University. Psychology. Sociology, 2011, issue 2, pp. 32–43. (In Russian)
- Osorina M.V. Cognitive habits and their role in person’s mental life. 6th International Cognitive Science Conference, Kaliningrad, Russia, June 23–27, 2014, pp. 680–681. (In Russian)
- Makarova D.N. Manifestation of intellectual competencies while solving cognitive tasks of different types. M.A. dissertation (Psychology) . Saint Petersburg, 2014. (In Russian)
- Shcherbakova O.V. How do our mental and personal experience mediate intellectual efficiency? Intellectual competencies as patterns of individual cognitive performance. Vestnik SPbSU, Psychology and Education, 2017, vol. 7 (1), pp. 43–54.
- Shcherbakova O.V. Metacognitive regulation of intellectual performance. Non-linear dynamics in cognitive studies, Nizhnii Novgorod, 2011, pp. 235–237. (In Russian)
- Osorina M.V. Study of levels of understanding on the example of depicted stories. Psikhologiia intellekta i tvorchestva: traditsii i innovatsii. Moscow, Institute of Psychology RAS Print, 2010, pp. 247–257. (In Russian)
- Veenman M.V.J., Spaans M.A. Relation between intellectual and metacognitive skills: Age and task differences. Learning and Individual Differences, 2005, vol. 15, pp. 159–176.
- van der Stel M., Veenman M.V.J. Relation between intellectual ability and metacognitive skillfulness as predictors of learning performance of young students performing tasks in different domains. Learning and Individual Differences, 2008, vol. 18, pp. 128–134.
- van der Stel M., Veenman M.V.J. Metacognitive skills and intellectual ability of young adolescents: a longitudinal study from a developmental perspective. European Journal of Psychology of Education, 2014, vol. 29, pp. 117–137.
- Veenman M.V.J., van Cleef D. Measuring metacognitive skills for mathematics: students’ selfreports versus on-line assessment methods. ZDM Mathematics Education, 2019, vol. 51, p. 691.
- Ohtani K., Hisasaka T. Beyond intelligence: a meta-analytic review of the relationship among metacognition, intelligence, and academic performance. Metacognition Learning, 2018, vol. 13 (2), pp. 179– 212.
- Stephanou G., Mpiontini M. Metacognitive Knowledge and Metacognitive Regulation in SelfRegulatory Learning Style, and in Its Effects on Performance Expectation and Subsequent Performance across Diverse School Subjects. Psychology, 2017, vol. 8, pp. 1941–1975.
- Dent, A.L., Koenka, A.C. The Relation Between Self-Regulated Learning and Academic Achievement Across Childhood and Adolescence: A Meta-Analysis. Educational Psychology Review, 2016, vol. 28, pp. 425–474.
- Cho M., Shen D. Self-regulation in online learning. Distance Education, 2013, vol. 34 (3), pp. 290– 301.
- Lee H.W., Lim K.Y., Grabowski B.L. Improving self-regulation, learning strategy use, and achievement with metacognitive feedback. Educational Technology Research and Development, 2010, vol. 58, pp. 629–648.
- Morosanova V.I., Fomina T.G., Tsyganov I.Yu. Conscious self-regulation and attitude to learning as resources of academic success. Voprosy psihologii, 2017, vol. 4, pp. 64–75. (In Russian)
- Kofeinikova Yu. L., Nikolaeva E. S., Khukumatshoeva Sh. Diagnostics of metacognitions of students of psychology and pedagogy major in the process of professional education. Pedagogika i psikhologiia obrazovaniia, 2019, vol. 2, pp. 153–160. (In Russian)
- Samoilichenko A.K., Rozhkova Yu. A., Tokmakova A.A. Influence of metacognitive processes on students’ academic achievement (on the example of students of economy major). Azimut nauchnykh issledovanii: pedagogika i psikhologiia, 2016, vol. 5 (4), pp. 393–395. (In Russian)
- Kim D., Lim Ch. Promoting socially shared metacognitive regulation in collaborative projectbased learning: a framework for the design of structured guidance. Teaching in Higher Education, 2018, vol. 23 (2), pp. 194–211.
- Hong W.H., Vadivelu J., Daniel E.G. S., Sim J.H. Thinking about thinking: changes in first-year medical students’ metacognition and its relation to performance. Medical Education Online, 2015, vol. 20, p. 1.
- Makarova D.N. Individual patterns of metacognitive regulation of intellectual performance of students. Peterburgskii psihologicheskii zhurnal, 2018, vol. 22, pp. 88–112. (In Russian)
- Zhukova A.Yu. Social and psychological determinants of intellectual habits of students. M.A. dissertation (Psychology) . Saint Petersburg, 2013. (In Russian)
- Handbook of technical translator. Intent Publ., 2009–2013. (In Russian)
- Vekker L.M. Mental processes, vol. 3. Subject, experience, action, consciousness. Psikhicheskie processy, t. 3. Sub’ekt, perezhivanie, deistvie, soznanie. Leningrad, Leningrad State University Publ., 1981. (In Russian)
- Kholodnaya M.A. Psychology of intelligence: research paradoxes. 2nd ed., revised and enlarged. St. Petersburg, Piter Publ., 2002. (In Russian)
- Vekker L.M. Psyche and reality: unified theory of mental processes. Moscow, Smysl Publ., 2000. (In Russian)
Information About the Authors
Total HTML views: 193
HTML views in previous month: 7
HTML views in current month: 8
Total PDF downloads: 71
PDF downloads in previous month: 1
PDF downloads in current month: 0