Problems and strategies of assistance to families having children with developmental impairments
Keywords: child with developmental disorders, family functioning, family resources, family-centered services, coping, family assistance program, principles of family support, family support program coordinator, resource coordinator.
Journal rubric: Clinical Psychology
Article type: scientific article
For citation: Kabenina I.P. Problems and strategies of assistance to families having children with developmental impairments [Elektronnyi resurs]. Sovremennaia zarubezhnaia psikhologiia = Journal of Modern Foreign Psychology, 2016. Vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 64–71. DOI: 10.17759/jmfp.2016050108. (In Russ., аbstr. in Engl.)
- Berszán L. Chances of coping with having disabled children for families in Rumania. European Journal of Mental Health, 2009, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 27–39. doi: 10.1556/EJMH.4.2009.1.2
- Dervishaliaj E., Murati E. Families of children with developmental disabilities: perceptions and experiences of adolescent siblings of children with developmental disabilities. European Scientific Journal January, 2014, vol. 10, no. 2. P. 129–142.
- Di Giulio P., Philipov D., Jaschinski I. Families with disabled children in different European countries [Electronic resource]. European Union., 2014. 47 p. (Families and Societies. Working Paper Series. Vol. 23) Available at: http://www.familiesandsocieties.eu/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/WP23GiulioEtAl.pdf (Assecced 15.01.2016).
- Dunst C.L. Professional-family help giving relationships in family support programs [Electronic resource]. Case Studies Journal, 2015. vol. 4, no. 9, pp. 23–31. Available at: http://www.casestudiesjournal.com/Volume%204%20Issue%209%20Paper%203.pdf (Assecced 15.01.2016).
- Dunst C.L. Improving the design and implementation of inservice professional development in early childhood intervention [Electronic resource]. The Early Childhood Personnel Center, 2015. 17 p. Available at: http://ecpcta.org/powerpoints (Assecced 15.01.2016).
- Family-centred, child-focused support in the early childhood years [Electronic resource]:A guide for early childhood intervention service professionals. Sarah Marlowe [et al.] [Electronic resource]. Human Services, 2012. 37 p. Available at: www.dhs.vic.gov.au (Assecced: 15.01.2016).
- Graungaard A.H. Parents of a Newborn Child With Severe Disabilities: Coping, Resources and Needs. A Qualitative Study. «Health» (London), 2011, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 115–136.
- Hauser-Cram P, Erickson Warfield M., Shonkoff J.P. Children with Disabilities: A Longitudinal Study of Child Development and Parent Well-Being. Monographs of the Society for Research in Child Development, 2001, vol. 66, no. 3, pp. i-viii+1–126. Available at: http://www.jstor.org/stable/3181571 (Assecced 28.03.2016).
- IASSID Families special interest research group. Families supporting a child with intellectual or developmental disabilities: the current state of knowledge [Electronic resource]. Iassidd, 2013. Available at: www.iassid.org (Assecced 15.01.2016).
- Judge S.L. Parental Coping Strategies and Strengths in Families of Young Children with Disabilities. Family Relations, 1998, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 263–268. doi: 10.2307/584976
- Ylvén R. Factors facilitating family functioning in families of children with disabilities - in the context of Swedish Child and Youth Habilitation Service [Electronic resource]. Stockholm: Karolinska Institutet. 2013. 85 p. Available at: https://openarchive.ki.se/xmlui/bitstream/handle/10616/41467/Thesis_Regina_Ylv%C3%A9n.pdf?sequence=2 (Assecced 15.01.2015).
Information About the Authors
Previous month: 2
Current month: 2
Previous month: 0
Current month: 1