“Modern foreign psychology” is a psychological journal which publishes analytic reviews of foreign English-language research literature on various branches of psychology and related sciences.
Specialist area according to the existing nomenclature of scientific specialties corresponds to qualification 19.00.00 – “Psychological sciences”.
Frequency: 4 issues annually
Date of the first publication – March 2012
Access: access through Internet telecommunication network.
The Journal is accessible at the following web address: https://psyjournals.ru/en/journals/jmfp
Aims and objectives
The journal “Modern foreign psychology” sets the following tasks and objectives:
- participation in widening the information space of Russian scholars through familiarizing them with modern tendencies and up-to-date issues of current theoretical, empirical and applied studies in contemporary foreign psychology and related sciences.
- participation in shaping the image of present-day standards of experimentation and scientific presentation which are used in scientific issues of Europe and the USA.
- creating conditions for activating international cooperation and scientific exchange in the field of psychology and related sciences.
Editor-in-chief – Ermolova Tatiana Victorovna, Ph.d. (Psychology), head of the chair of foreign and Russian philology in Moscow State University of Psychology and Education.
The Journal “Modern foreign psychology” contains the following sections.
- Psychology of special and inclusive education
- General psychology
- Developmental psychology
- Clinical psychology
- Educational psychology
- Social psychology
- Special (branch) psychology
The journal is recommended by the Higher Attestation Commission (HAC) under the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation in the List of leading scientific journals and publications for the publication of scientific results of dissertation research, peer-reviewed scientific publications in which the main scientific results of dissertations for the degree of candidate of sciences, for the degree of Doctor of sciences should be published. It was incorporated in 2018.
Journal’s scope (according to the list of scientific branches):
- 5.3.1. – General Psychology, Personality Psychology, History of Psychology (Psychological Sciences). Since 01.02.2022.
- 5.3.4. – Educational Psychology, Psychodiagnostics of Digital Educational Environments (Psychological Sciences). Since 01.02.2022.
- 5.3.5. – Social Psychology, Political and Economic Psychology (Psychological Sciences). Since 20.03.2023.5.3.7. – Developmental Psychology (Psychological Sciences). Since 20.03.2023.
- 5.3.8 – Correctional Psychology and Defectology (Psychological Sciences). Since 20.03.2023.
- 5.3.9. – Legal Psychology and Security Psychology (Psychological Sciences). Since 20.03.2023.
- 5.12.1. – Interdisciplinary Studies of Cognitive Processes (Psychological Sciences). Since 20.03.2023.
- 5.12.1. – Interdisciplinary Studies of Cognitive Processes (Philosophical Sciences). Since 20.03.2023
It is not allowed to reprint or use otherwise the articles or other materials of the journal in printed or electronic editions. The published items can only be used in personal and noncommercial purposes (scientific, educational and so on).
On citing the materials of the journal “Modern foreign psychology” the reference to the original source with mentioning the web-address of the journal is obligatory.
We do not charge any submission or publication fees.
Open Access Journal
This is an open access journal. All content is available for non-commercial purposes without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose citing the source. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access.
All materials in this journal are licensed under the terms of Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial 4.0 International License: users are free to copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format, remix, transform, and build upon the material as long as they give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. Users may not use the materials for commercial purposes.