Psychology and Law
2022. Vol. 12, no. 4, 125–139
ISSN: 2222-5196 (online)
Legal Culture in Psychology: Age Specific and Gender Aspect
The work is devoted to the specificity of the phenomenon of “legal culture” from the psychological point of view. An attempt was made to psychologically examine the concept of legal culture and describe its components, which allowed us to select methods for identifying age and gender features. We determined the dynamics of legal culture in four age groups (pupils of 9 and 11 classes, senior citizens from 18 to 35 years old and mature persons from 36 to 50 years old). It was found that some psychological features of older schoolchildren have statistically significant indicators that differ from younger and older age groups, and gender specificity in different age periods was described. Based on the data obtained, conclusions were made about legal culture as a psychological phenomenon and the importance of further research into psychological features of legal culture, which can serve as a basis for the development of programs to develop legal culture in the aggregate and in its individual components in juvenile and adult young citizens, in persons of mature age and society as a whole.
Keywords: legal culture, legal consciousness, values, regulations, legal activities
Journal rubric: Methodological Problems of Legal Psychology
Article type: scientific article
For citation: Bogdanovich N.V., Melnik M. Legal Culture in Psychology: Age Specific and Gender Aspect [Elektronnyi resurs]. Psikhologiya i pravo = Psychology and Law, 2022. Vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 125–139. DOI: 10.17759/psylaw.2022120410. (In Russ., аbstr. in Engl.)
- Brown O.A., Yanitskiy M.S. Metodika otsenki reprezentatsii v massovom soznanii bazovykh kharakteristik kul'turnykh tipov po M. Mid [The method of assessment of representation in the mass consciousness of the basic characteristics of cultural types by M. Mead] [Elektronnyi resurs]. Sibirskii psikhologicheskii zhurnal = Siberian Journal of Psychology, 2015, no. 55, pp. 123–136. doi:10.17223/17267080/55/7 (In Russ.).
- Vodopyanova N.E. Psikhodiagnostika stressa. Moscow: Piter, 329 p. (In Russ.).
- Giddens E. Sotsiologiya [Sociology]. Moscow: Editorial URSS, 2005. 632 p. (In Russ.).
- Gulevich O.A. Struktura pravosoznaniya i povedenie v pravovoi sfere [The structure of legal conscience and the behavior in legal area] [Elektronnyi resurs]. Psikhologicheskie issledovaniya = Psychological Studies, 2009, no. 5 (7). doi:10.54359/ps.v2i7.956 (In Russ.).
- Cameron K.S., Quinn R.E. Diagnostika i izmenenie organizatsionnoi kul'tury [Diagnosing and Changing Organizational Culture]. Saint Petersburg: Piter, 2001. 320 p. (In Russ.).
- Petrov A.V., Lesnikova A.M. Pravovaya aktivnost' i pravovaya kul'tura [Legal activity and legal culture]. Privolzhskii nauchnyi vestnik = Privolzhsky scientific bulletin, 2014, no 12-1 (40), pp. 110–113 (In Russ.).
- Umnyashova I.B., Egorov I.A. Napravleniya i formy razvitiya pravovoi kul'tury pedagogicheskikh rabotnikov [Directions and forms of development of legal culture of pedagogical employees] [Elektronnyi resurs]. Psikhologiya i parvo = Psychology and Law, 2019. Vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 144–154. doi:10.17759/psylaw.2019090111 (In Russ.).
- Yasyukova L.A. Prognoz i profilaktika problem obucheniya, sotsializatsiya i professional'noe samoopredelenie starsheklassnikov. Metodicheskoe rukovodstvo (Сhast' II). Saint Petersburg: IMATON Publ., 2017. 20 p. (In Russ.).
Information About the Authors
Previous month: 28
Current month: 2
Previous month: 5
Current month: 1