Women religious schools of the Diocese of Polotsk as a treasure of Christian values and the spirit of school education 1239
Lecturer, Vitebsk Seminary, Витебск, Belarus
Beginning of the XIX century was a difficult and crucial period in the history of Orthodoxy in Belarus. It was time of the end of the rule of the Uniate Church. Both in the political and socio-cultural life were the motive for the revival of Orthodox spirituality and a return to Christian values of the early Christian period. In this article there is considered the problem of opening the female schools of spiritual department, their purpose, function, and the impact they have had not only on the socio-cultural development of society Vitebsk province, but also their contribution to the development of women as highly moral, spiritual and educated person.
- Release of the 6th female school pupils of Polotsk spiritual department //
Polotsk diocesan statement. 1880. №16, pp. 522-532.
- Graduation act of the Saviour in Polotsk Euphrosyne Polotsk diocesan school
// statements. 1897. № 15 (informal), pp. 681-688; 685.
- Graduation act pupils of XX-th course of the women in Polotsk school of
spiritual ministry in the mountains // Polotsk Vitebsk diocesan statement,
1907, №17 (informal), pp. 539-549.
- Children's evening in Polotsk women's school of spiritual department //
Polotsk diocesan statement, 1907. №35 (informal), pp. 951-953.
- Women schools of spiritual department // Minsk diocesan statement, 1873.
№13 (informal.), pp. 249-254.
- Proceedings of the Kazan diocese №3 by 01.02.1869, pp. 5-9.
- A brief report on the status of Polotsk female school of spiritual
department for 1888/89 and 1889/90 school years // Polotsk diocesan sheets, №13
(ofits), 1890, pp. 576-590.
- Likhachev E. Materials for the history of women's education in
Russia (1086-1856). Part 1-3. Spb., 1899.
- Vitebsk encyclopedia URL: http://evitebsk.com/wiki (the date of
- National Polotsk Historical and Cultural Museum-Reserve. URL:
http://local.polotsk.museum.by/node/17625 (the date of circulation:
- The National Historical Archives of Belarus F.2766, Op.1, 2, L.2.
- Nikitina N.I. Female diocesan school from religious education to
teacher education // Vestnik Novgorod State University, 2011. №64, pp.
- Transfiguration Eve. Patriotic Church according to statistics from 1840-41
for the 1890-91 biennium. // Comp. Iv.Preobrazhensky, St. Petersburg, 1897. S.
- The Russian State Historical Archive (RSHA below) F. 796.Op.442. D. 895. nx
- RSHA F.796. Op.442. D.1095. L.13
- RSHA F.796. Op.442. D.389. L.20
- Sawa (Tikhomirov), the Archbishop of Tver and Kashin.
Autobiographical Notes Eminence Sawa (Tikhomirov): T 3 (1862-1867).
- Shelepin N.I. Mogilev female school of spiritual department
(1863-1913 gg.) / Amount. N.Shelepin, N.Gamolko. Mogilev province: Printing and
I.B. Klaza M.L. Kaganayu. 1914 p. 171.