Cross-cultural investigations of preschool education in foreign countries
Keywords: cross-cultural investigations; preschool education; socio-cultural environment; discrimination; adaptive behavior of migrant children
Journal rubric: Developmental Psychology
Article type: review article
For citation: Nazranova L.Z. Cross-cultural investigations of preschool education in foreign countries [Elektronnyi resurs]. Sovremennaia zarubezhnaia psikhologiia = Journal of Modern Foreign Psychology, 2013. Vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 44–50. (In Russ., аbstr. in Engl.)
- Angarkhaeva E.A. Etnokul'turnoe obrazovanie kak determinant lichnostnogo razvitiya uchashchikhsya. Dis. … kand. ped. nauk. Irkutsk, 2003. 165 s.
- Dzhurinskiy A.N. Polikul'turnoe vospitanie v sovremennom mire. M. : TTs Sfera, 2002. 310 s.
- Guerrero S. Preschool children’s understanding of racial cues in drawings and photographs / Silvia Guerrero, Ileana Enesco, Olivia Lago, Purificación Rodriguez // Cognitive Development. 2010. Vol. 25, Iss. 3, July–September. P. 79-89.
- Johnson De Feyter J., Winsler А. The early developmental competencies and school readiness of low-income, immigrant children: Inﬂuences of generation, race/ethnicity, and national origins // Early Childhood Research Quarterly. 2009. Vol. 24, Iss. 4. — Р. 411-431.
- Kinzler K.D., Spelkeb E.S. Do infants show social preferences for people differing in race? // Cognition. 2011. Vol. 119, № 1. P. 1-9.
- Liu J., Lynn R. Factor structure and sex differences on the Wechsler Preschool and Primary Scale of Intelligence in China, Japan and United States // Personality and Individual Differences. 2011. Vol. 50, № 8. P. 1222-1226.
- Milligan J. H. Effects of a preschool intervention on cognitive development among East-African preschool children: A flexibly time-coded growth model // Early Childhood Research Quarterly. 2011. Vol. 26. Р. 124-133.
- Sheridan S. A cross-cultural study of preschool quality in South Korea and Sweden: ECERS evaluations / Sonja Sheridan, Joanna Giota, You-Me Han, Jeong-Yoon Kwon // Early Childhood Research Quarterly. 2009. Vol. 24, Iss. 2. Р. 142-156.
- Tang S., Coley R.L., Votruba-Drzal E. Low-income families' selection of child care for their young children // Children and Youth Services Review. 2012. Vol. 34, Iss. 10, October. P. 2002-2011.
- Yen-Tzu Wu Maternal-reported behavioral and emotional problems in Taiwanese preschool children / Yen-Tzu Wu, Wei J. Chen, Wu-Shiun Hsieh, Pau-Chung Chen, Hua-Fang Liao, Yi-Ning Su, Suh-Fang Jeng // Research in Developmental Disabilities. 2012. Vol. 33, Iss. 3, May-June. Р. 866-873.
- Yamamoto Y. Li J. What makes a high-quality preschool? Similarities and differences between Chinese immigrant and European American parents’ views // Early Childhood Research Quarterly. 2012. Vol. 27, Iss. 2. P. 306-315.
- Zhang X. Parent — child and teacher — child relationships in Chinese preschoolers : the moderating role preschool experiences and the mediating role of social competence // Early Childhood Research Quarterly. 2011. Vol. 26, Iss. 2. P. 192-204.
Information About the Authors
Previous month: 3
Current month: 2
Previous month: 1
Current month: 1