The Concept of an Adaptive Trainer and Assessing Its Effectiveness in a Mathematical Application
Keywords: adaptive learning, Markovian random processes, adaptive trainer, self-learning systems
Journal rubric: Data Analysis
Article type: scientific article
Funding. The work was financially supported by the Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation within the framework of State Assignment “Development and practical implementation of an adaptive training model based on the identifiable Markovian processes“ dated 10 December 2021, No. 073–00041–21–10.
For citation: Kuravsky L.S., Pominov D.A., Yuryev G.A., Yuryeva N.E., Safronova M.A., Kulanin Y.D., Antipova S.N. The Concept of an Adaptive Trainer and Assessing Its Effectiveness in a Mathematical Application. Modelirovanie i analiz dannikh = Modelling and Data Analysis, 2021. Vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 5–20. DOI: 10.17759/mda.2021110401.
- Baker F.B. The Basics of Item Response Theory. – ERIC Clearinghouse on Assessment and Evaluation, University of Maryland, College Park, MD. 2001.
- Connect with Students and Parents in Your Paperless Classroom. URL: https://www. edmodo.com.
- Kats, Y. Learning Management Systems and Instructional Design: Best Practices in Online Education. – IGI Global. 2013. – ISBN 9781466639317
- Kuravsky L.S., Margolis A.A., Marmalyuk P.A., Panfilova A.S., Yuryev G.A. Mathematical Aspects of the Adaptive Trainer Concept. – Psikhologicheskaya Nauka i Obrazovanie (Psychological Science and Education), 2016, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 84–95, doi: 10.17759/pse.2016210210.
- Kuravsky L.S., Marmalyuk P.A., Yuryev G.A. and Dumin P.N. A Numerical Technique for the Identification of Discrete-State Continuous-Time Markov Models// Applied Mathematical Sciences. 9, 2015, No. 8, pp. 379–391. URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.12988/ams. 2015.410882.
- Kuravsky L.S., Marmalyuk P.A., Yuryev G.A., Dumin P.N. and Panfilova A.S. Probabilistic Modeling of a Testing Procedure // Applied Mathematical Sciences. Vol. 9, 2015, No. 82, pp. 4053–4066. URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.12988/ams.2015.53234.
- Kuravsky L.S., Artemenkov S.L., Yuryev G.A., Grigorenko E.L. A new approach to computerized adaptive testing. – Experimental Psychology, 2017, Vol. 10, No 3, pp. 33–45, http://dx.doi. org/10.17759/exppsy.2017100303.
- Kuravsky L.S., Margolis A.A., Marmalyuk P.A., Yuryev G.A., Dumin P.N. Trained Markov Models to Optimize the Order of Tasks in Psychological Testing. – Neirokompyutery: Razrabotka, Primenenie (Neurocomputers: Development, Application), 2013, No. 4, pp. 28–38 (in Russian).
- Kuravsky L.S., Yuriev G.A. Probabilistic method of filtration artifacts in adaptive testing. – Experimental Psychology, Vol.5, No.1, 2012, p. 119–131 (in Russian).
- Kuravsky L.S., Yuryev G.A. Using Markov Models in Test Results Processing. – Voprosy Psychologii (Problems of Psychology), 2011, No. 2, pp. 98–107 (in Russian).
- Kuravsky L.S., Marmalyuk P.A., Yuryev G.A., Belyaeva O.B. and Prokopieva O.Yu. Mathematical Foundations of Flight Crew Diagnostics Based on Videooculography Data. – Applied Mathematical Sciences, 2016, Vol. 10, No. 30, pp. 1449–1466, http://dx.doi.org/10.12988/ ams.2016.6122.
- Markov models in the diagnostics and prediction problems: Textbook. / Edited by L.S. Kuravs-ky. – 2nd Edition, Enlarged. – M.: MSUPE Edition, 2017. – 203 pp. (in Russian).
- Moodle Open-Source Learning Platform// Moodle Pty Ltd. URL:https://moodle.org.
- Rasch, G. Probabilistic Models for Some Intelligence and Attainment Tests // Copenhagen, Danish Institute for Educational Research, Expanded Edition (1980). Chicago: The University of Chicago Press. 1960/1980.
- Wright B.D., Masters G.N. Rating Scale Analysis. Rasch Measurements // Chicago: MESA Press. 206 pp.
- Pominov D.A., Kuravsky L.S., Dumin P.N., Yuriev G.A. Adaptive trainer for preparing students for mathematical exams. – International Journal of Advanced Research in Engineering and Technology, 2020, Vol. 11, No 11, pp. 260–268, doi 10.34218/IJARET.11.11.2020.022.
- Pominov D.A. Adaptive trainer for preparing students for math exams. – Neirokompyutery: Razrabotka, Primenenie (Neurocomputers: Development, Application), 2021, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 35–42 (in Russian).
- Pominov D.A. Model of adaptive learning and his implementation. – Modelirovaniye i analiz dannykh (Modelling and Data Analysis), 2020, Vol. 10, No 3, pp. 39–52 (in Russian).
- Margolis A.A., Safronova M.A., Khaperskaya A.U. The view from Russia: Overcoming students’ learning challenges. Research Intelligence, 2021, issue, pp. 30–31, https://www.bera.ac.uk/publication/autumn-2021.
Information About the Authors
Previous month: 7
Current month: 9
Previous month: 2
Current month: 2