Foreign Experience in the Use of Computer Games in Teaching Children
Keywords: computergames, educational influence of computer games on the identity technology
Journal rubric: Psychology of Education
Article type: scientific article
For citation: Grigoriev I.S. Foreign Experience in the Use of Computer Games in Teaching Children [Elektronnyi resurs]. Psikhologicheskaya nauka i obrazovanie psyedu.ru [Psychological Science and Education psyedu.ru], 2016. Vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 33–40. DOI: 10.17759/psyedu.2016080404. (In Russ., аbstr. in Engl.)
- Bandura A. Teoriyasocial'nogonaucheniya [Social learning theory]. Saint Petersburg: Evraziya, 2000. 320 p.
- Smirnova E.O., Sokolova M.V., Sheina E.G. Podhody k ponimaniyuigry v sovremennoizapadnoipsihologii [Elektronnyiresurs] [Approaches to the understanding of play in contemporary western psychology]. Sovremennayazarubezhnayapsihologiya [Contemporary foreign psychology], 2012, no. 1, pp. 53–64. URL: https://psyjournals.ru/jmfp/2012/n1/50107.shtml (date: 09.03.2016)
- Anderson C.A., Bushman B.J. Effects of violent video games on aggressive behavior, aggressive cognition, aggressive affect, psychological arousal and prosocial behavior: a meta-analytic review of the scientific literature. Psychological science, 2001, no. 12(5), pp. 353-359.
- Blumberg F. (Ed.). Learning by playing: Video gaming in education. NewYork, NY: Oxford University Press, 2014, 42 p.
- Breuer J., Kowert R., Festl R., Quand T. Sexist games = sexist gamers? A longitudinal study on the relationship between video game use and sexist attitudes. Cyberpsychology, Behavior, andSocialNetworking, 2015, no. 18(4). 197 p.
- Breuer J., Vogelgesang J., Quandt T., Festl R. Violent video games and physical aggression: Evidence for a selection effect among adolescents. Psychology of Popular Media Culture, 2015, no. 4(4), pp. 305-328.
- Gee J.P. What video games have to teach us about learning and literacy. New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2003. 256 p.
- Gee J.P. The Anti-Education Era: Creating Smarter Students through Digital Learning. New York, NY: St.Martin’s Press, 2013. 215 p.
- Gentile D.A., Stone, W. Violent video games effects on children and adolescents: a review of the literature. Minerva pediatrica, 2005, no. 57, pp. 337-358.
- Green S.C., Bavelier D. Action video game modifies visual selective attention. Nature, 2003, no. 423, pp. 534-537.
- Griffiths M. Violent video games and aggression: a review of the literature. Agression and violent behavior, 1999, no. 4 (2), pp. 203-212.
- Kirriemuir J., McFarlane, A. Literature revive in games and learning. Harbourside: NESTA futurelab, 2004. 40 p.
- MacMahan A. Immersion, Engagement, and Presence: A method for analyzing 3-D video games. New York: Routledge, 2003, pp. 67-86.
- Mayer R. E. Computer games for learning: An evidence-based approach. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 2014. 281 p.
- McGonigal J. The puppet master problem: Design for real-world mission-based gaming. Harrigan P. (adds), Second Person Role-playing and story in games. Journal of educational psychology, 2007, no. 97(1), pp.117-128.
- Moreno R., Mayer R.E. Role of guidance, reflection, and interactivity in an agent-based multimedia game. Journal of educational psychology, 2005, no. 97(1), pp. 117-128.
- Prensky M. Digital game-based learning. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2001. 442 p.
- Pursell C. From playground to PlayStation: the interaction of technology and play. Johns Hopkins University Press, 2015. 216 p.
- Rebetez C., Betancourt M. Video game research in cognitive and educational sciences. Cognition, Brain, and Behavior. 2007, no. XI, no. 1 (March), pp. 131-142.
- Rieber L.P., Tzeng S.-C., Tribble K. Discovery learning, representation, and explanation within a computer-based simulation: finding the right mix. Learning and Instruction, 2004, no. 14, pp. 307-323.
- Young M. F., Slota S., Cutter A. B., Jalette G., Mullin G., Lai B., Yukhymenko M. Our princess is in another castle: A review of trends in serious gaming. ReviewofEducationalResearch, 2012, no. 82 (1), pp. 61–89.
Information About the Authors
Previous month: 19
Current month: 9
Previous month: 6
Current month: 4